Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think that this is a good place. My friend and I carve the fake foam pumpkins and we have developed a secret for buying them that I would like to share. Around where we live, there are two main craft stores, Michaels and A.C. Moore, that sell the fake pumpkins. Every week, each store puts out a flyer in the newspaper with a 40% off coupon. We get our relatives and friends to save the coupons for us so that we can buy as many pumpkins as we want any given week for about half off.

Another useful tip is that these two stores will the honor the others coupons, so for instance, if Michaels has a sale one week and A.C. Moore doesnt, you can use the Michaels coupon at A.C. Moore (and vice versa). This way you never pay full price for the fake pumpkins.
By Kittie
Neither of those stores are anywhere near us. :(
By adam
Ah yes they are quite expensive. I thought hey over the years what if I do fake pumpkins every year and soon have a HUGE collection on my front yard or something...I thought that would be awesome.

Speaking of years ahead....ryan I am almost 24, can you imagine me here still when I am (and we are not to speak of me being this old ever again) but here when I am 40???? I will stick with you until the end...which better never happen! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Kittie - what craft stores do you have in your area? There's gotta be some, right? JoAnne? Hobby Lobby?

Adam - When you cross over into your 40s, I'll be inching up on my 50s. I'm guessing that the technology of the internet will be quite different by then, but pumpkin carving and Zombie Pumpkins aren't going anywhere!
By Kittie
We have a small Joanne's. They carry the smaller Promo Funkin's. But I have never seen them bigger then 10 inches.

We are in the middle of nowwhere it seems! heheh
By GUS
$crew it I'm just going to get on the wholesale list I reckon!
By amandap80
Menards also has them, and they have had the best price so far. Hobby Lobby with the 40% of coupon has been my best bet besides Menards.
By 2manyferrets
I do the same thing with the coupons, and at the end of the season, I buy them all out when they mark their prices down to $3-5 per kin and save them for the next year.
haurin1 wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think that this is a good place. My friend and I carve the fake foam pumpkins and we have developed a secret for buying them that I would like to share. Around where we live, there are two main craft stores, Michaels and A.C. Moore, that sell the fake pumpkins. Every week, each store puts out a flyer in the newspaper with a 40% off coupon. We get our relatives and friends to save the coupons for us so that we can buy as many pumpkins as we want any given week for about half off.

Another useful tip is that these two stores will the honor the others coupons, so for instance, if Michaels has a sale one week and A.C. Moore doesn't, you can use the Michaels coupon at A.C. Moore (and vice versa). This way you never pay full price for the fake pumpkins.
Great Tip - I can add just a little to it.
On AC Moore's Website, You can Click on the Online flier of the store nearest you. And Print the Coupon on your printer.
(as many as your little heart desires ) :D

Didn't know Michaels honers ac moore coupons -
TANKS a million for that!
By GUS
Does that mean If I paypal you $100 you can get me some shipped to the uk? :lol:
By St0ney
GUS wrote:Does that mean If I paypal you $100 you can get me some shipped to the uk? :lol:
Send me a $1,000 instead ! :D

The shipping is $800 dollars.

Oh Sorry thought I was selling on Ebay.

Buy it now - Only $4 dollars
Shipping $360 dollars :lol:
By Tkaraoke
I'm the crown prince of Buttscratchastand and I need $1000 to help a family member obtain a legal visa into the United States. Due to a recent coup, I do not have access to my country's vast supply of wealth at this time. If you send me the money I will send you 500 Micheal's foam pumpkins (without the black line) which is in plentiful supply in my country. Please send the money ASAP!
By GUS
You know what TK? ..i'm almost tempted! 500 lovely pumpkins MmmMmm (salivates)