Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By Pumpkin Hunter
I've always struggled to find anywhere in the UK that sells foam pumpkins. I can't easily find the stick and carve sheets either. For the first year, I've found this site

https://www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk/

I've sent them a message asking how much they are and will add to this post when I get an answer.

Does anyone else know of any good sites or shops for Halloween carving gear?
By Pumpkin Hunter
I saw those pumpkins and couldn’t work out if they’d be suitable for carving.
I’m lucky enough to have one of the pro-carving tools that a friend brought back from the states. It is the best tool I’ve found for carving. I’ve just ordered a wood carving tool set. Thought it was time to try something new.
By Bravo020
I have to admit that once I switched over to Stick n' Carve from Saral transfer paper, I've only ever bought the stick n' carve sheets via the ZP shop. I tend to carve around the 20+ range each year now, so I bought two packs of 24 sheets IIRC for this year, which will give me some spares for next year.

To try and offset the cost of the international shipping to the UK, I've started to buy some extra items along the way, e.g. enamel badges, hat, t-shirts etc. But of course UK customs nail me every time with the items and then Royal Mail adds on another £8 for handling costs, so actually it does get quite expensive LOL.

This year I also bought another ZP pro carving set, I already have 2 sets purchased from many years ago and they're doing great (might be missing a few blades over the years now), but they have lasted incredibly well. So now with 3 sets in the house, I've got no excuses not to carve more pumpkins this year.....just need more hands...
Zombie Pumpkins! liked this
Thanks for supporting my products, Bravo! I always appreciate your purchases.

I sympathize with the countries outside the US that don't have access to the Halloween supplies that I've grown accustomed to. :confused:

I'd love to supply more products from my online shop (like foam pumpkins) but it's just not practical for me to keep that kind of inventory. So most of my stuff is either ZP branded (shirts, hats, etc) or small and easy to ship (carving tools and Stick 'n Carve sheets).

Still, I know it gets costly with international postage, customs tax fees, and handling costs (as Bravo points out). I wish I could do something about that, but I don't make those decisions. I'm thinking about how to make these costs more apparent to international customers though, so they won't be surprised with fees when their package arrives.

I think I can even collect the customs tax at the time of purchase. Which doesn't change the eventual cost, but at least makes it more apparent from the start.