Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
To all the Canadians out there:
I was at a Canadian Tire store last night, and they had some foam Pumpkins. They look just like the Michael's brand, and the size appears to that of the $29.99 (CDN) one from Michael's. Canadian Tire was selling this for $12.99. I bought one, and will cut into it this weekend to see how similar it is to a Michael's pumpkin. Just thought I would pass on the info as this seemed like a good deal!

Dustin
By CorpseBride
Oooh for sure! Let me know how it turns out!
By CanadianCarver
Sorry for the late reply but I jst got around to carving this pumpkin today. It appears to be exactly the same as a Michaels brand pumpkin in every way. Except for the price!

I carved Lightning McQueen into it for my 4 year old daughter. Now I'm just waiting for my rainbow light to arrive! Thanks again Ryan!

Dustin
By CorpseBride
Great! This is good news.....my pumpkin fund was running low buying them all at Michaels. I just might have to jet to Canadian Tire later on today. Thanks for replying!
By GUS
..that's good to know, now if they open their planned branch in canmore I can carve a few whilst on holiday for my hotel to stick up on reception! ..something else to do in the evenings :D
By staticfurball
I realy hope they carry them this year. I would like to try my hand at the foamies but I don't want to pay shipping fees and customs fees etc.
Also I dont think there3 is a micheals anywhere around here. I dont remember even hearing about this tore untill this year.
By GUS
Canadian Carver is sadly missing thus far I fear!?
By purple1worm
staticfurball wrote:I realy hope they carry them this year. I would like to try my hand at the foamies but I don't want to pay shipping fees and customs fees etc.
Also I dont think there3 is a micheals anywhere around here.
I too would like to try the foam kins! I don't think there's a Micheal's around here.
By St0ney
A carver on my site (Liz Looney)

Found that "Target" Chain stores, now has their own carveable Foam Pumpkin.

It looks just like a Micheals pumpkin, but a tad smaller. (more Narrow)
It's 13" High and has a more realistic Stem (that's about 2 inches High).

Paint or Foam does not seem to be an Issue, those that have carved them Say their Exactly like the Micheals Foam pumpkin

Only Issue - this Also has Lines inside, and Foam is a little Thicker.

The Lines (I've Heard 2 or 3) Different carvers are saying different things
So there may be a few Different ones out there, depending on Store.

Price (I think) $10.99 Somewhere around 10-11 bucks

The Price Does raise a Red Flag, It's the same Product.
And Micheals is charging $21.95 as a Standard price.

We all use either a coupon, or get them when on Sale.
But come on, Double the Price ?????
By sloaner
They are $32 in Canada. I get them for $16 with coupons.
By St0ney
sloaner wrote:They are $32 in Canada. I get them for $16 with coupons.
I always use a coupon if I can.

But even that's a PAIN you can only buy one per day.

My Micheals store is 15 minutes away, so that's a half hour total.
Every Single Year they make them 50% OFF this time of year.
and it seems they still make a Profit on that Price.

I wish they would just make it 10 to 12 Bucks,
we buy all we need and that's that !!
By staticfurball
I too would like to try the foam kins! I don't think there's a Micheal's around here.
No ther isn't, actually the closest to us in near Ottawa :cry: [/quote]
By CanadianCarver
GUS wrote:Canadian Carver is sadly missing thus far I fear!?
I'm here Gus! The summer was a bit crazy for me this year. My older daugther is off to University, so that took a lot of time getting her ready. Now that October is here, I am getting into the 'zone'.
By GUS
nice to see you back too CC, did she missappropriate any foam carves for uni decoration?