Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
Hi, I'd really like to paint a few of my foamies navy or dark blue this year and I just have no idea what to use. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want the paint to last and not chip. I also think I'd prefer to spray paint them because it would be quicker.
Lowes / Vaspar Spray Paint (with built in Primer).

I painted this one Pink (using that Paint - One Coat) It carved and Shaded Well,
and it was also tossed in a sink full of water for a 1/2 Hour, to remove the remaining Pattern.

- I need to re-shoot the Photo, don't like how the Cut-out looks in it..
But for the Paint subject - this Photo Works - LOL

I have used Krylon For Plastics myself and had good results with it. I painted a Michaels pumpkin, not a funkin. A funkin might react differently.
If you spray paint AFTER you carve like I did on a few, inflate a balloon inside the pumpkin before painting, and this will at least keep overspray from tainting the inner walls of the pumpkin.

I went out and bought a cheap little pack of J hooks with threaded tips. Basically those little hangers that you would put a pair of scissors on in your tool shed. Small, and light. Cost me maybe a dollar or two at WalMart. I threaded one into the stem of the foamie, and hung it from a rafter in my garage, inflated a balloon inside the bottom, and gave it a few light coats of paint from a rattle can.
chuckwagon wrote:If you spray paint AFTER you carve like I did on a few, inflate a balloon inside the pumpkin before painting, and this will at least keep overspray from tainting the inner walls of the pumpkin.
That just gave me several ideas! Thanks!