Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By kissfan4
New member here, but just wanted to throw this out there, i was at my local Michael's yesterday and they have their foam carving pumpkins for 50% off.
By amandap80
According to their web site, they will be on sale thru October 4th. Also, if any of you peeps work in education, you get an additional 15% off your total purchase if you flash your school ID and ask for the educator's discount.
By Adam T
Bought a few of these and they have changed for the worst. These are not the ones that I have been carving for years.

These things are brittle, messy and honestly they smell.

Can anybody else recommend a good foam pumpkin to use? I typically use the versa tool to do mine.

I have some much smaller ones from Home Depot that look like they are closer to the old ones, but I'd much rather stick to a larger pumpkin size.

Thanks
By MIKECOZ8
Adam T wrote:Bought a few of these and they have changed for the worst. These are not the ones that I have been carving for years.

These things are brittle, messy and honestly they smell.

Can anybody else recommend a good foam pumpkin to use? I typically use the versa tool to do mine.

I have some much smaller ones from Home Depot that look like they are closer to the old ones, but I'd much rather stick to a larger pumpkin size.

Thanks
Hey Adam
There have been several kinds over the last couple of years and yes there is one "batch" that produced very lame kins -- brittle, smelly and the paint peels off -- I have had a few too.
There is a post around here somewhere that gives a review and what to look for -- for me --- I stay away from any of the pumpkins that do not have a date stamp -- the Michael's near me have both kinds, 2014 dated and non-dated --- I am having no issues with the 2014 dated ones
Mike
By BigScience
In my opinion, the dated ones are FAR superior than the not dated ones. For cutouts with a hot knife, they are my faves. Anyone else's Michaels only carry the lArge dated ones in white and the mids in only black and white? All the oranges are non-dated at my store.