Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
As of Now you can buy one of the New 2014 Pumpkin at Hobby Lobby
Some of the carvers Have purchased them there this Week.
Look for the New Hang Tag - it has this on the Cover.

If ordering OFF the Funkin Website - Make sure you tell them you want the 2014 Models.
The other Stores (Micheal's Joannes and AC Moore) Should start placing them out Next Month.

What I just Posted on FB !

At this Point in Time, I want to Publicly THANK Fun-Kins !

For YEARS we have been trying to get These few Companies, that make foam pumpkins, to make their products work even better, for the 10's of 1000's of folks that enjoy carving foam pumpkins. From the Pros down to the Novice carvers.

Well Funkins Listened to our concerns, and not only did they have open ears, for these concerns, They invested not only their time, but a boat load of money, to re-tool their machines. They want to make and offer Us the best products both in look, and in the way it carves. that they can.

I hope you guys understand None of this was an easy decision for them, to do all this work and invest this money, Based on what A guy like me was telling them. In fact it's a nail bitter for them.

Prove to them they made the right decision and try their pumpkin products out.

Some People / carvers just don't Like change.
But Rest assured ! Funkin foam Pumpkins,

a) Carve and Shade much easier than that other brands.

b) There is absolutely No comparison on the Look / Style / Shape and even color. They are the closest foam pumpkin you will find that looks and glows like a REAL Pumpkin.

c) Works for both carving techniques - Both Shaded and Cut-Out Designs. The proof is in the carvings. and there's many examples on this page, on how well they carve.

Give them a TRY - if you carved funkins in the past, Give them another Try, As always we at stoneykins will answer any and ALL carving questions on our web forum.

And Don't forget to use your AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Joannes and Micheal's Coupons, in most cases, you will get these pumpkins 40 to 50% off the sticker Price.

I will continue to be your voice, and keep a great working relationship with this awesome company!

We are now addressing the Very Large Jumbo Pumpkins for Next Year !.

Also if you didn't already - Please Show your Support & Gratitude to Funkins by liking their Facebook Page. Click here and Like Em ------>

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-Kins/101526639984653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Raven
Today while in Hobby Lobby I noticed they have out a lot of fall decor and Funkins! Now, please remember this when complaining about Christmas taking over Halloween. It's June and Halloween has been sighted! Oh, and btw.. they also had a ton of Christmas stuff out, too. :P
By Mikie502
They are out on the shelves here at HL in Louisville ky. I picked up a couple they are 40% off rite now. Also noticed the bottoms are not cut out on these ..
Hobby Lobby beat other stores to the punch by putting out their Fun-Kins first. By the end of the 3rd week in July, the other craft stores near me have their Fun-Kins out also.

Keep in mind, the prices I'm listing below are the full retail price on the tag, but with sales/coupons you can almost always get 30-50% off.

Each store has a slightly different assortment of sizes, styles and price. Here's what I found here in Connecticut...

2014 Fun-Kins at Hobby Lobby

Small (orange) = $15.99

Small-Medium (pink, black) = $19.99

Small-Medium (pink, black) = $19.99

Medium (white) = $25.99

Large (orange) = $34.99

All the Hobby Lobby Fun-Kins lined up by size.

2014 Fun-Kins at Jo-Ann Stores

Small (6") (orange) = $14.99 (30% off sale price $10.49)

Medium (10") (white) = $24.99 (30% off sale price $17.49)

Medium-Large (12") (orange) = $29.99 (30% off sale price $20.49)

All the Jo-Ann Fun-Kins lined up by size.

2014 Fun-Kins at A.C. Moore

Small (6") (white, black) = $12.99 (40% off sale price $7.79)

Medium Glitter (10") (orange, white, purple) = $24.99 (40% off sale price $14.99)

Medium Glitter (10") (orange, white, purple) = $24.99 (40% off sale price $14.99)

Medium (10") (orange, white, black) = $24.99 (40% off sale price $14.99)

There's actually a different but similarly sized orange pumpkin, in the same shape as the glitter ones.

Medium-Large (12") (black, orange) = $34.99 (40% off sale price $20.99)

Large (14") (orange, black, white) = $39.99 (40% off sale price $23.99)

A few other thoughts...

All the Fun-Kins I saw had the new 2014 hang tag, so I'm assuming they are made with their revamped methods, which is what we want.

Hobby Lobby has a pretty good range of sizes (even some color if you like pink).

Jo-Ann is known more for fabric crafts, so they seem to be playing it safe with only a few smaller sizes in traditional colors.

A.C. Moore appears to have the most variety, with multiple colors for each size.

Most pumpkin patterns would work best on the largest size Fun-Kins shown above (around 14" tall).

Orange is traditional, but all the colors are arguably Halloween-y, and can work well with certain patterns. I really like the white, by the way. It's more like an off-white color with tiny flecks of light brown.

Also, take a look at the new for 2014 glitter options. I usually denounce glitter for being messy, but this glitter is NO MESS! The sparkles are sealed inside a glossy surface. Maybe a shimmering purple pumpkin won't work for the most macabre patterns, but with the right design it could be a cool fit.

I admit, I'm dazzled by the glitter ones. Even more so that it doesn't come off. I know my carpet has 10 years worth of glitter buried in it. :P

The prices without a coupon are a major turn off to me though. Even with a coupon some are still a bit high. However that's the trade off for better quality I'm sure. Foam pumpkins go really fast around here and usually sell out before the end of season clearance can happen. I don't know what people do with them but I have yet to see a carved one in my travels on Halloween. I am very tempted to get one to see how it carves, especially those glitter ones..
I bought a 12"er at Jo-Ann and carved a shaded design in it. It is my first experience with funkins and first experience with shading, but it works well. I used a combination of Dremel bits, engraving bits, and versatool. In terms of straight cut-outs I will still go with Michaels Gemmy's (Last years "numbered" version) and a versatool. I will however keep a couple funkins on hand in case I get a wild hair to shave one again. I have yet to get my hands on this years Michael's pumpkin as they have not showed up at any of the local stores. Apparently they have recreated their foam too, but we will see.
Thanks for all the photos, Ryan. I will keep an eye out for these.

I'm very curious about these. I'm kind of getting out of the foam game (don't have space to store anything), but may grab a couple to try and give away.

Can anyone attest to how they work for cut out patterns?
How I wish we HAD a Hobby Lobby or A.C. Moore in Canada!!! :x I HATE being stuck with the Michael's foamies every year! Ohh well. I'll be on the hunt for the Michael's ones this week for sure.