Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
I asked the people at my local Michael's if they knew whether or not I could buy their gemmy style kins out of season if I contacted the right people... They had no definitive answer for me. As much as I enjoy the Funkin brand name, I prefer the cost effectiveness of the gemmies from Michael's, plus my dremels cut through them like butter... Does anyone know who manufactures them? When I cut the bottoms out for lights I threw away the part that has the sticker with the info that might have the answer I need, not thinking about wanting to buy some out of season. I wanted to see if there was a possibility of getting my hands on some leftover stock at a really good price and get geared up for next season...
I have a few left over from last year. The sticker on the bottom just states that it is flammable and should be kept away from extreme heat in few different languages. The tag states the same thing, and has the corporate address on it. What I guess is the corporate address.
would that be the Michaels corporate address I wonder? I don't remember seeing a real manufacturers name on them that I can recall. If they are made exclusively for Michaels (guessing they are because i have never seen them anywhere else) I might think that Michaels may have some sort of agreement that they must get full accreditation for them... Then again, maybe i'm just really weird and thinking about it to hard, LoL
In my opinion that is bad business. The reason Funkin does so well is that you can buy them all year round (which does not explain their outrageous prices). If I could get Michael's foam pumpkins all year round I probably would.
Trevler wrote:Target has had Gemmy style pumpkins the last few years that were, in my opinion, better then the one's at Michael's and cheaper to boot. Maybe you'll have better luck getting somewhere with them?
I'll check into that Trev! Thanks for the suggestion. If I get a positive answer from them I'll post here and let everyone know.