Sharing knowledge for the art of artificial craft pumpkins.
By emilymegan
Well, we have a Michaels about an hour away. Which I go to regularly...... :)

So, is there any particular name on your carbon paper? So, I know what I'm looking for?
By CorpseBride
Hmmm....I don't have the cover for mine right now. But I will tell you what. I have to go to Michaels tomorrow and I will check and see what the brand name is for you.
By intrimazz
I know this is an old post but I'm bumping it and updating it since I am new to all these techniques and in my research I hope it would help other newcomers.

I recently found Saral wax free Transfer (tracing) paper
http://www.saralpaper.com/products.html

and since I didn't want to wait for their shipping times (4-6 weeks!) I found a popular site artists use that sells all the different kinds and explains the use for each one here:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/saral ... 7-5012-899

seems the blue one would work well for real pumpkins.

I am awaiting my order - anyone else have experience with these?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You are new, aren't ya? ;)

Glad to help though. Saral Transfer paper is great, and it's my recommend method of transferring Zombie Pumpkins patterns onto pumpkins.

There's a "Pumpkin Product Reviews" section of this forum, where we describe our experiences with all the pumpkin carving tools out there. Here's a thread where you can read all about transfer paper:

:arrow: Saral Transfer Paper Reviews

And this transfer paper is available for purchase right herein my very own Shocking Shop.

My price is $9 and I ship most orders the very next business day. I actually just ran out of stock over the weekend, but more is on the way so I'll be accepting more orders for this paper within a couple days.
By intrimazz
oooh thnx for the link! My hand has cramped so much punching holes, I needed to find an easier method :lol:

your instructions are a time-saver too as I wasn't sure if it was going to be a waste of $ or not - next time I will order from you!

I got 2 pumpkins here staring blankly at me and no tools nor xfer paper :oops: since we seemed to have lost my trusty and expanding pumpkin kit - but was a great excuse to get new tools (hee hee)
By GUS
I know Dadja, she get's later & later as the seasons roll by, hopefully here any day now!

..probably buying the new nipper a nice outfit this year!
By SaneInsideInsanity
she has been absent this year hasnt she I hope everything is ok
By cuvers
CorpseBride wrote:For real pumpkins I do it in pencil first. Then I use a fine tipped permanent marker and go over all the "rubbings." It works really well! Just one tip....make sure you trace a little bit inside of the stencil so you can carve away any marker on your pumpkin.
i use marker sometimes as well, but if you leave any just take a cotton ball and some nail polish remover, tht takes it off
By cuvers
emilymegan wrote:Well, we have a Michaels about an hour away. Which I go to regularly...... :)

So, is there any particular name on your carbon paper? So, I know what I'm looking for?
I still use carbon paper quite a bit, you can get that at an office supply store, i got a 100 pk for like 14 bucks, i like the transfer paper too a bit easier but it is super sensitive and it gets all over the pumpkin along with your outline.
By El Mateo
Heh... I still use a push pin, then go over it with an Xacto.
By cuvers
El Mateo wrote:Heh... I still use a push pin, then go over it with an Xacto.
trust me when i tell you if you try the tracing paper or even the sticker method you will NEVER go back to that time consuming way again, another plus if you do alot of carvings like alot of us you can put the patterns on way ahead of time
By CorpseBride
*sniff*

you guys are the absolute sweetest. Funny how you lose time for yourself when there is a little one zippin around hey? lol...well I am really going to try and be around a little more...ALL year even. I missed you guys!
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:I know Dadja, she get's later & later as the seasons roll by, hopefully here any day now!

..probably buying the new nipper a nice outfit this year!

Too cute Gus....and too right :wink: