Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By nosferatu
So long as they are carvable, that is all that matters to me. Interestingly enough, I have been offered pumpkins from a prison that are huge but unfortunately they are very expensive.
By MooBoo
I don't mind green pumpkins! My local patch has also reported a shortage in pumpkins, lets hope they are carveable. :D
By Kayo
those gray pumpkins arnt pumpkins they are a different gourd. but thats no good. to bad you cant go somewhere else that doesnt have the problem than convince airlines to let you have a pumpkin as a carry on.
By matspud
zombombie wrote:
matspud wrote:Its not the colour but the size that concerns me. :(

HA HA HA HA!!! :lol:

BEHAVE :lol: !!!!!!!!!
By monstermash
I don't care about colour, just as long as they are carvable. Matspud's right, size always matters where kins are concerned.

I'm off down to Lincolnshire for mine next weekend. The man that I buy them from usually grows abot 350, its just a hobby for him. This year he has only managed 200. He didn't mention colour but says they're a little bit smaller than last years. As long as I can get about 20 big 'uns, i'll be happy. If I had a bigger vehicle, i'd gladly bring back loads more for my deprived Scots minions.

I hope they are a good size and shape. I like them long, with no lumps.
By MooBoo
I got me some Pumpkins! My local co-op store had a huge selection today. Mostly small but some decent size ones, they are called giant but i wouldn't class them as giant, but definitely bigger than supermarkets usually sell. My faith has been renewed, hopefully i can get some more pretty decent size ones. :D
By zombombie
MooBoo wrote:I got me some Pumpkins! My local co-op store had a huge selection today. Mostly small but some decent size ones, they are called giant but i wouldn't class them as giant, but definitely bigger than supermarkets usually sell. My faith has been renewed, hopefully i can get some more pretty decent size ones. :D
Same! Going hunting for more tomorrow :)
By monstermash
Got my kins today. In the words of Larry David they're pretty pretty pretty good! I'll post some pics tomorrow. :) Have faith Britains, have faith, all is not lost!
By S.A.M
I went to ASDA today and they've got LOADS of good size pumpkins at £1.50 each or 2 for £2, such a bargain I couldn't resist filling a trolley, you should have seen the looks I got from other shoppers :lol:

I'll give them time to replenish the crates and I might do another raid haha It's a serious workout digging down to get at the good pumpkins :D

This could be why ASDA are selling them so cheap:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 589369.ece
seems they've invested in a farmer to supply them with more 'kins than ever, hopefully a sign that they're now taking pumpkins a bit more seriously unlike other shops trying to pass off grapefruit sized ones as medium sized :lol:
By nosferatu
SAM, I went to Asda today too. I bought ten, got a few bizarre looks not sure it's it was the trolley full of pumpkins. Maybe next time I'll wear some clothes.

Hanks for the link. If only they invested as heavily in heir Halloween merchandise.

Sadly one pumpkin has had an accident and needs to be carved soon before it turns to mush but I have 17 so far and have been promised 3 huge pumpkins as well. Shortage?