Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Starparty
I love my local hookup! He hid about half of these in his truck knowing I'd buy them.

14 from Lucas at the farm market today and 5 from Kroger yesterday. I am heading up to Amish country next Friday to Hershberger's Truck Patch AKA Pumpkin Heaven.

Most of the pumpkins are $5 and the super huge ones are usually about $20 :D
By Starparty
I admit, when it comes to selection I am spoiled ROTTEN :lol:

There are patches *everywhere* with some truly wicked monsters just waiting to be carved up!

The poor girls at Hershbergers are still not quite used to the crazy lady that shows up and drools all over their pumpkin piles every year. The first time I saw the piles of pumpkins I hugged their scarecrow with a gleeful "I'VE COME HOME" :D
By CombichristGirl
sometimes i wish you could "like" forum posts ^^^^ that made my day!
By purple1worm
Wow, nice selection you've got there. I can't find white ones around here! Have fun carving! :D
By ghostface
Great pumpkins, Starparty!!! :)
By Raven
They are glorious! I've yet to see piles of pumpkins in my area. I just returned frtom a trip to Idaho where they had piles of pumpkins for 2 dollars a piece or .20 cents a pound in some places.
By monstermash
Oh, just fabulous Starparty!! I love seeing patch pics. Those big chaps are incredible, I would have been so tempted to get a few.
By Starparty
Two more from the farmer's market yesterday!! I have really lucked out on colors this year! And for $5 each?? Can't beat it!! :D

I also have started my pre-holiday clean up around the house and yard. As I was moving the trashcans I noticed something small and orange hidden in the weeds! Taking a closer look I discovered the Great Pumpkin has seen fit to grace me with a bouncing baby gourd!

I had about 15 vines around the yard that all died, produced teeny pumpkins that rotted right away or got eaten (darn you squirrels!) so I'd resigned myself to another year of home grown failure.

I don't think it is going to be carveable but it may be just big enough to put the metal werewolf "pumpkin costume" pieces on it!
By Starparty
Greetings from Pumpkin Heaven Ohio!

Between the local bulk foods store and Hershbergers I have made out like a bandit! And I have been spreading the ZP Love across Holmes County!

$62 later and the car is hauling over 500lbs of pumpkiny love!!

By monstermash
Awsome!!!! That's it, i'm moving to America.
By Raven
Ohio you say.. Since I know we are going to be moving out of Tennessee I think I will start whispering "Ohio" to my husband while he is asleep.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'd need to be pinched if I was there, I would think it was a dream. You sure seem to be in heaven... and looking good in your Night Owl shirt!
By ghostface
Great pumpkins Starparty, but I love the shirt! :D
By Starparty
Ohio has an embarrassment of pumpkin riches! This place is about an hour out of Columbus and everywhere you turn there are monster kins for sale!

I came across a farm stand yesterday that is closing next weekend and saw THIS

I wept. The car was full but I managed to squeeze the third back on the far right column into the back seat! I weighted it when I got home.. 70lbs for $7! All told I came home with 482lbs spread across 11 pumpkins!!

I thought that was a rather appropriate uniform for minioning! I got lots of compliments and handed out a bunch of cards with the site on it! I tried to put a couple stickers at the patch but it started raining and they wouldn't stick!

I am up to 31 now and I still have a bit of room in the garage and the final farmer's market is tomorrow!