Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By paddy_babe
So this is the first year I'm growing pumpkins... I don't expect them to be carvable but would be nice if they were ok enough to have outside the door on halloween! Any advice anyone? I don't want to do irrigation (if thats how you spell it) or differcult bits like that BUT am willing to feed them special bits or when to plant out? (they are in biodegradable pots at the min and have sprouted and I think they are meant to go out in Aug?) Will have some pics of my lil seedlings soon :)
By GUS
Sad to say that the price by the time water (metering) & allsorts are factoreed in, not to mention hit & miss nature, i'm as well off buying from my local farmer, who certainly didn't disappoint this year!

(you'd be well advised to avail yourself of some of his as it's less than 12 miles to your nearest decent pumpkin patch) ..just in case.
By paddy_babe
I will have to buy 'kin I know these wont grow well I'm just hoping for them to turn out at least pumpkin shaped lol! Gus are you still in the fens? I never was able to find that patch last year and my local farm shop ran out SUPER quick :( they said it was an earlier harvest.... I need to prep this year as JJ wants to carve this year, so we will be able to roll out a few more than before :D
By GUS
Yes, still edge of the fens (about 1.3rd mile off jurassic plains if you are geologically minded) go look at my "newborn site" (published but under construction) you'll find his details on there as well as some pics of a tiny portion of crop, i've alot more pics to stick up up it's just the start with the few pages currently viewable.