Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By tearls70
Just to let anyone who may live around the Erie Area, there is a local amish grower selling pumpkins for a $1.00. Not typically of the amish around here. Nice carving size pumpkins, but ones he does not feel would sell at a produce auction. A sun spot, not fully orange, short stems. He sold me the 200+ pumpkins we got this year and has plenty more.
By purple1worm
OMG ! You bought 200 'kins!! Hope to see some pics!! :D
By monstermash
Yeah! Lets see! :lol:
By tearls70

We have to have them all stacked right now while the hubby is building more stands to display them all on! Hoping he'll be done this week so the poor kids will have some more room!
By monstermash
Wow :o
I love seeing these sort of pics.
By tearls70
The hubby hates Halloween. :( Well he has ever since i started carving seriously! But I'm so happy and very proud, who cares what he thinks!
By hkzombie
for a freakin' dollar?! are you insane?! what part of PA? :) that is just awesome, I wish i could go back to PA this time of year... and better yet get great pumpkins! I just checked out my local pumpkin patch place and they are charging like $8 a pumpkin, need to find a place where its cheaper considering I want to make 10-12 this year!
By hkzombie
tearls70 wrote:Image

We have to have them all stacked right now while the hubby is building more stands to display them all on! Hoping he'll be done this week so the poor kids will have some more room!
Im so jealous!!! They look amazing!
By tearls70
Can't wait to start carving! Now if I only had some time :( I live in Northwestren PA, about 30 minutes from lake Erie. And ten minutes away from Amish country, and they know how to grow pumpkins!