Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
Oh my, one is quite taken aback, I'm so incensed as to maybe dig out some bunting & raise a glass to the empire.

or a modern "GEDDINTHERE" may suffice, he's harvesting monday, I went down there today to have a look (in little car) pulled up in his farmyard & spoke to him in his vehicle, he took me down to the patch & threw some beautiful kins at me, & i'm obviously going back in suitable attire to pick &pay for I simply don't know how many....

(which could be dangerous)
nice to know, they're local.
As they're local they're edible,
As they're local I can pay the farmer direct.
As the farmer is keen to see his crop put to good use he's happy to do a deal for multiples.
He gave izzy a perfectly proportioned baby kin (which they provide to Harrods) which she cradledlike a baby all the way home & is sitting watching a film with it on her lap! ..she's going to cook that one for us tomorrow we hope!
His LARGE pumpkins work out at £2.50
his small ones well not sure pricewise however it'll be good.
White, green & orange kin's
Some as large as wheelbarrows (around £15.00)
& he threw us some butternut squashes to play around with too!

Looks like I owe him a funkin to stick in his farmshop!

Happy we are!!!!!! :D
By GUS
well, concentrating more on kins than general hullabaloo, so more for me me than them (kids)

..you cannot turn down kins so close to home though can you!?
By Nikki
That's awesome Gus!

Still no sightings of Pumpkins around here :( But I am hopeful there will be soon.. and then I can be a mommy to some lovely plump 'Kins
By zombombie
That's excellent GUS - I'm hoping that the local farm near where my folks live sell 'kins, this will be my first year trying them.

Nice one though, always nice to help out locals instead of the supermarkets :)
By monstermash
Crongrats Gus, i'm so happy for you. Ive not been up to my kin farm yet. His kins are a bit dearer but they're a terrific size ( about £7 for a big one)

Fancy sending a couple or 10 up to Scotland? I'm sure the postage will be reasonable.
By purple1worm
Nice! I'm happy for you too! :D