Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
sorry, it's not the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin's 2010 visit. Actually it's not a patch at all but it is my haul for 2010.

50 pumpkins waiting patiently for the end of October.

and I was just having fun and took a reflection picture off the back of my new car:

Anyway, I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot and all of these guys make it to Halloween.
By nosferatu
Wow. They all look so perfect. Brilliant.

Bet you have an itchy trigger finger
By mesmark
yeah, the excitement is building.

The farmers either are really careful with their pumpkins or they only bring me the good ones :)

Some are a little small but they're all pretty good size for ZP stencils without having to resize the patterns.

I'm going to see what happens with my carving party this year. Evidently there might be a little more interest. We'll see ...

From there I'll draw a plan, but I'm thinking to start 2 weeks before Halloween and have a good display up for the whole time.
By monstermash
That's a cracking crop you've got there mesmark! I'm jealous!!!
By punchi
Jealous! I've only got one real and 6 foamies so far... and it begins...
By purple1worm
wow !! How many are there? I'm itching to get carving.
By CombichristGirl
mesmark wrote:exactly 50.

I was out there working today on a prop and it did cross my mind to carve just one. But, I didn't. I stayed the course and will make a carving plan once I know about how many guests I'll have at my carving party.
lmao i know i want just one for now to try out lol :lol: :lol: thats a sexy crop by the by
By purple1worm
mesmark wrote:exactly 50.

I was out there working today on a prop and it did cross my mind to carve just one. But, I didn't. I stayed the course and will make a carving plan once I know about how many guests I'll have at my carving party.
Wow 50 'kins for a carving party! Wish I could be there! I'd love to have a carving party! I don't know enough people interested !
By hkzombie
I see you have your workshop starting up! They all look really awesome. I am excited for you! I'm trying to figure out a place in my house to start my carving, I want to avoid my Mom's freaking out with the mess! What are your carving ideas?
By GUS
Mes, I'm still pondering the thread title!?
By mesmark
It's from the Charlie Brown Halloween special, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".

Linus: Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. Hes gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see.
By GUS
Aaah, right! I see the link, thankyou!