Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dadja wrote:OMG, I didn't know there was a censor here! I can't say s*** apparently. s****y s****y s*** s***?
Halloween is a "family" holiday, right? And as a business, Zombie Pumpkins is a family safe site. We can't have people saying f*****g s****y a-hole, now can we? But the asterisks make it all okay. No kid could ever figure out what is being said if letters are replaced with ****. :wink:

By the way, nice pumpkin crop, Dadja! Hope they stay strong and healthy until carving time.
By Raven
They really look great, Dadja! Hopefully my next house will have an area I can grow my own in. I'm looking forward to that. I did grow my own once many years ago. One thing I noticed was they were much easier to carve. They were softer and the knife easily went through them. Seems like all the ones I buy each year are a lot tougher.
By nosferatu
I am very suprised that the weather has been so poor as here in the UK, we have had a glorious summer. June - hot, July - hot, August - unbearably hot, September - even hotter. Virtually no rainfall at all. Indeed, the last time it rained was June 19th. Today is baking and is about 32 degrees......in the shade.

Great patch. You obviously have green fingers. I would love to grow my own but given the weather conditions it would be easier to grow them in the Atacama desert.

Lucky nine pumpkins - sacrificing themselves at Dadja's altar.
By nosferatu
Ahh, but its so lovely on this planet. I can wear my mankini without ridicule and I drink Mojito's to save water. Alcohol helps save the environment.

Just let me take off these rose tinted glasses a second........ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Still great pumpkins though. Good enough for the carves to be cream of the crop?

2004 - 2007 - 2010??????
By Dadja
I lost the 2nd largest one :(

It was one of which the stem had gone soft,and yeah, didn't survive. the whole top had sunk in... I had hoped to carve it today because the outside was still quite firm, but when I cut of the top I noticed the whole inside had started rotting as well :( too bad, it was a beautiful pumpkin...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
R.I.P. Second Largest Pumpkin. :cry:

But have hope, he may come back to life as a zombie.
By nosferatu
He wasn't with us long but you loved him. Do you suspect foul play? Pumpkincide? Or was the stress of waiting to be carved just too much to handle?

My commisserations on your loss.

Love your new avatar by the way which reminds me, I haven't watched "Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer" for some time. When you post your photos of carvings it will be "Dadja: Portrait Of A Serial Pumpkin Killer"
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:R.I.P. Second Largest Pumpkin. :cry:

But have hope, he may come back to life as a zombie.
Agree. RIP....but he will strike back as a zombie if you do not give him what he craves.

"Rolling in numbers coming out of their graves, to be part of the tradition, is all that they crave. Theres one way to please them and save your own life, give them their wishes and pick up that knife. SO please do some carving or you'll par for your sins. OR SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE ZOMBIE PUMPKINS!"
By hkzombie
I love the family of pumpkins you have! They all look healthy and happy. I bet they will be lovely to carve this year! Better yet, you didn't have to buy them! :D Wish I could grow them but the weather here in CA will probably scortch them to death!
By hkzombie
Dadja wrote:I lost the 2nd largest one :(

It was one of which the stem had gone soft,and yeah, didn't survive. the whole top had sunk in... I had hoped to carve it today because the outside was still quite firm, but when I cut of the top I noticed the whole inside had started rotting as well :( too bad, it was a beautiful pumpkin...
I love the greenish/orange one on the far left with the dimpling!