Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By SuperSonic
Heres my Harvest for this year

Some are starting to grow mold around the stem (only reason for this is because of the rain we've had here). I tryed to prevent thisw with a tarp and the tarp was just not enough for the 12 id just purchased last week. So...today i got the other 18 and have devised a new way to (hope to god) preserve them by puting sheets from old bed spreads that ive had and then proceeded to put the tarp on top (not pictured) but with wished that when rain hits they wont be hurt that ill have to wait and see
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome pumpkin patch you have there! With that many, I'm sure many will survive until the big day.
By SuperSonic
well i got Rid of the mold by pullnig it off the stem and the pumpkins, are still sturdy so its only that area that will have a problem (I hope) what would your suggestion be on preserving them futher Ryan...my apprentice (as he called himself earlier today) is my lil bro Eric
By SaneInsideInsanity
If i get mold spots on none carved i remove it then hairspray it with water proof aerosol it creates a barrier that helps protect it from developing again or the mold spreading....and Yes i love hairspray
By nosferatu
Hope you are a Supersonic carver with that many. Very envious but looking forward to seeing pictures of your carves
By SuperSonic
Ohh Nos trust me i am :D
By Raven
Nice! Did you find them at a store or from a patch? Can't wait to see them all carved!
By SuperSonic
At a store suprisingly most of em were 1.99
By SaneInsideInsanity
which store? Maybe they have one in wpg
By SuperSonic
A&P
By SaneInsideInsanity
never heard of it darn must be an ontario store
By SuperSonic
then i guess im a really lucky guy ;)
By Crystal
so so lucky just went to the pumpkin patch and they want 12 bucks for a good size one :(
By SuperSonic
DAMN 12$ :o :shock:
By SaneInsideInsanity
they are 3.98 at superstore right now here...it's odd a patch would change that much