Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By S.A.M
Greetings :D
As the pumpkins start to ripen and eventually turn that lovely shade of fiery orange my thoughts naturally turn to Halloween and Zombie Pumpkins! So here I am signing on for the new season, hope everyone is keeping well.

This year I tried something new, growing my pumpkins on the garage roof;

Reason being that they never really performed that well on the ground and the garage roof gets the Sun all day;

The variety I'm growing is Mammoth

They're doing much better than my previous efforts at growing;

I only have three pumpkins growing in total but I think they're doing great :) Next year I think I'll try them in something more substantial than a grow bag, perhaps a great big sack of compost :lol:

If you have been, thanks for reading :D I'm gonna catch up with everything I've missed on here, anyone else starting to get that Halloweeny feeling?
By GUS
good to see you back S.A.M.

good idea elevating em! (shame my metal roof is angled.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome back S.a.m. The Halloween buzz is really underway for this year, that's for sure. That looks like a unique way to grow pumpkins, but it seems to be working well for ya. Keep us posted!
By S.A.M
Thanks guys and I should say that the tin roof isn't hot, not in England anyway :D I'm not sure a hot tin roof would be much good for the 'kins, cooked while they grow :lol:

I can't help but look out of my window at the pumpkins and imagine what gruesome ZP designs are awaiting them this year haha.
By nosferatu
Those are Yorkshire pumpkins. Tough as old boots, they could grow in snow. No southern softiness about them, they just harder.
By SaneInsideInsanity
:O Great Idea for growing!
Also welcome back