Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Dredge
Is it too late to plant pumpkins? The season snuck up on us!!! I've read it takes about 140 days, which means I would cutting it very close. Thanks for your help

***Updated*** Pics below.
Last edited by Dredge on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dredge
My plant are blooming like crazy! I don't have any little punkins yet though.
By GUS
ARGH! ..this is going to be a race to the oct 31st finishing line...
progress reports & extra supplements for the pumpkins whilst the sun still shines.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Good Luck!
By Dredge
Gus,

What type of supplements do you recommend?
By GUS
Beer, Pee & well rotted horse-manure for big pumpkins...

I can throw out the advice but as my daughter grew this years sample, she wouldn't let dad intercede! :roll:
..thus small pumpkin!
By Dredge
Ill go straight home and drink beer and pee on the pumpkins! LOL!!
By Dredge

I want little pumpkins now! They just keep on blooming. Sorry for the quality...it was taken with my phone.
By SaneInsideInsanity
pinch the smaller flowers so the energy goes into producing fruit or it will just keep flowing keep 2-3 good buds on each plant so it will set faster
By Dredge
I'll give that a try. Ill let you know how it turns out. Ill post updated pics in a couple of weeks.
By cuvers
she is right with pinching off other buds once you see a pumpkin get rid of the rest and just focus on tht 1, also they need tons of water tip i got years ago.... take a big needle sting some yarn thru it and put the needle part into the vine leading to the pumpkin the other end just stick the yard in a gallon bottle/container of water it'll drink it up almost like an IV and you'll get a biggun...lol
By CombichristGirl
cuvers wrote:she is right with pinching off other buds once you see a pumpkin get rid of the rest and just focus on tht 1, also they need tons of water tip i got years ago.... take a big needle sting some yarn thru it and put the needle part into the vine leading to the pumpkin the other end just stick the yard in a gallon bottle/container of water it'll drink it up almost like an IV and you'll get a biggun...lol
omg this is perfect! i just got done in hematology and am in pharmacology lmao i can do iv's he he
By Dredge
Well, I don't even have a HINT of a pumpkin yet on my plants. Im starting to think I planted too late. Just a little more than a month to go!