Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Dadja
So, last week I harvested the pumpkins, and oh, what a good year it is... I have 28 pumpkins for carving. I had more, but already had to throw out 5 because of a 'soft spot'... So to keep them 'alive' until halloween I stored them inside today.

Here's a picture: (click for full view)

Next to this we have about 50 small pumpkins for eating:

And some weird looking ones for decoration:

All pumpkins for carving are really good size, best ones ever. Some are still a bit green, but they'll get nice and orange eventually...
By GUS
Very impressive Dadja, ..also VERY jealous
By Dadja
GUS wrote:Very impressive Dadja, ..also VERY jealous
Thx, the thing is, it's no effort what so ever :P all you need really is: room.

The place our pumpkins grow is a piece of land about 8m by 15m. And we do absolutely nothing... Just throw a whole lot of horse sh*t on it, mix it all in, plant the pumpkin seeds, and let them be for a couple of months... It gets horrible, they overgrow eachother, and it's completely full of weeds. By harvesting time, it actually is a wilderness, but it's fun to go look for the pumpkins and discover what has grown that year...
By sodajazz
You've got a great selection there, I am in awe :D
Every year I say I will grow my own, but I never get round to it. Plus a little gardening knowledge of planting and stuff would help as I have no idea. :lol:
By 500cdn
Nice Selection

Love The Big Green Ones..... I Bet There A Nightmare To Carve
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Another great looking crop, Dadja. I like that you have a variety of styles too. For carving, eating, decorating, and reanimating as undead pumpkin corpses.
By GUS
THINK i COUNTED 60!!
By S.A.M
Excellent stuff, really nice, I'm in awe of your pumpkin harvest :D :D :lol: I wish I had more room so I could grow a huge crop like that.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, that's quite a harvest. Must have taken a while to cut them all loose and bring them inside.
By Tkaraoke
Looks like a bumper crop of future zombies!! Man, that would be so cool to be able to grown your own supply.