Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By Kittie
Talked to one of our local farmers today and I told him I was in the market for at least 50 good carvable sized pumpkins. He said he would try to cut me a good deal. Said if I come out to the farm and pick them out of the feild myself he might do a buck a pumpkin!!! CAN YOU BELIVE THAT!!!! I told him I would put up a thank you sign in my yard for him.

He said we will talk on Wednesday.

That would SO ROCK!!!!
By Tkaraoke
Holy cow! Now that would be an awesome pumpkin haul!!!

Better rent a U-HAUL for that trip because you are going to need it. I'm going pumpkin shopping in about two weeks and I hope I can find a decent deal. At least this time I'm going to go straight to the Red Barn Farm in Weston (posted about it last year) because they has such an incredible variety of pumpkins to choose from. The average price for each pumpkin ran about $5 but I'm hoping that maybe I could talk them into a discount.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That would be a great deal Kittie. Good luck!

I'm in a sad situation this season. One of my favorite pumpkin providers (a man named Danny, who is mentioned in this press article) passed away early this year. So not only did I lose a friend, but I'm on my own to find a new pumpkin patch farmer to give me a good deal. :(
By Tkaraoke
I remember seeing that pumkin photo years ago and wondering who that was. I'm sorry to hear that he has passed away and I wish all of his friends and family the best.
By cyberdman
That is so awesome Kittie.
By Angel
Sweet! Good luck with that. That would be awesome!