Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By carvingjunkie
I like to dump mine out in the yard where i dumped the seeds, but we do have 10 acres. I dont do anythinig to them. And every year i get a few free pumpkins. In all sizes. And i have never noticed a smell. We walk by them alot on our way to the tank to feed the catfish.

Hope this hepls!!!
By Liderc
I usually just put them in the garbage, but I find it funny to throw them away. I always use real pumpkins, I hate the way fake ones carve( just a personal preference), but as I said it's funny the way we spend hours carving these pumpkins only to throw them away a day or two later.

I think that is the beauty of carving pumpkins, it shows that you truly care about other people, I do my pumpkins for kids and the like to be amazed at on Halloween night, to throw them away the next day I never feel like oh what a waste, I know that I've left an imprint in the minds of young kids who will want to carry on the tradition as they get older.

If we were to do our pumpkins for ourselves, I think we would feel bad throwing them away, but knowing that we gave something to the trick or treaters is good enough to do it again next year.

Sorry for the long post=P But it's getting close again and the feelings creep back up.