Pumpkin patch practices and gourd garden grooming.
By DeadKing
Here it is, for all gourdy, squashy, pumpkiny fans, here is my this years display in yard. Hope you'll like it. :)

This is my mom behind the pumpkin.

Last edited by DeadKing on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
They're not pumpkins! NASA have officially classified them as new moons :arrowhead:
By Pumpkinfreak
Amazing, so beautiful, great job!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Plus those pumpkins are so damn big! I can't stop wondering how they would look as attractions in a theme park :D
By Raven
Holy Gourd! That is all just fantastic! Are these all grown by you? Those huge pumpkins... I can't help but think what it would be like to carve them. You could have all of the ZP! patterns together on the two of them. What a site that would be!
By DeadKing
Thanks all.
nosferatu wrote:They're not pumpkins! NASA have officially classified them as new moons :arrowhead:
:lol: Lol
Raven wrote:Holy Gourd! That is all just fantastic! Are these all grown by you? Those huge pumpkins... I can't help but think what it would be like to carve them. You could have all of the ZP! patterns together on the two of them. What a site that would be!
:thumbsup: Thanks. Yes, I grew them all myself. It is a lot of work, especially in a drought and hot season like we have this year.
It would be very cool and I agree what a site that would be, although difficult to carve such small patterns because of their thick flesh. They can be carved, but in another way, like Ray Villafane does it.
Maybe i'll carve one if I'm in the mood, but not like Ray, lol, just some simple old school carve with a huge candle inside.. :)
purple1worm wrote:Wow look at all those beautiful squash! :shock: :D
Actually, half of them are Cucurbita pepo (which are pumpkins and gourds), some of them are Cucurbita maxima and Cucurbita moschata (which are squash), some are Siceraria lagenaria (gourds), and those big ones are Atlantic giant variety and actually classified as pumpkins even though they are cucurbita maxima. :)
Last edited by DeadKing on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By amandap80
This makes me so happy to see! I love it! I carved a couple Atlantic giants, I had to light them with a spot light, LOL.