Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By shaft28
Ok, reposting my previous carves (as they were lost in space...space....space...) and a new one too:

IMG_5026 by marcb, on Flickr

IMG_5021 by marc, on Flickr

Mater by marc, on Flickr

Harry by marc, on Flickr

Buzz by marc, on Flickr

Jack by marc, on Flickr

IMG_4875 by marc, on Flickr

Eye of Newt by marc, on Flickr

Baron Mojo by marc, on Flickr
Last edited by shaft28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
By SuperSonic
Works great, and your carvings are the same. Dremel work must be hard I imagine.
By shaft28
It's getting easier to use the dremel but you can easily make a mistake. But carving time is going down from 1-2 hours to 30-50 minutes.

I just knocked this one out tonight (still need to clean up, but just too excited not to post). I feel good about this considering I am yet to recover from the bachelor party I went to last night...

Tarman purple by marc, on Flickr
By SuperSonic
If you want to smooth out the edges, you can use 220 or higher grit sandpaper. Really helps.
By shaft28
I plan to. I used a dremel stone on some of the other patterns (no pics post clean up yet) but think I may try traditional sandpaper. Mind you, I'm not a super artistic person, this is just a fun hobby for me to hang these from the oaks in my yard for Halloween...so I'm not too worried about perfection. But a little smoother does look much better.
Well 40 minutes to carve. Add on 15-20 to put on the stencil (watching TV) and probably the same to sand down the rough spots (tonight) and I think 70-80 total on this one. Was a fun carve, hard but I find I do much better with rounded ends rather than the sharp points. Might be a new favorite.