Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Doh
Off to one heck of a start! I saw this pattern from St0ney and just had to carve it ASAP!

A classic for my sister Mary.

and Scooby for The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Kins for Kids.
By Tkaraoke
Awesome carves, Doh! I love how smooth the shaded parts look.
By sloaner
Hey Doh, those look great. Are they on foam? If so I may have to try a few with that shaded technique. I've always though those patterns would be too hard to do on foam so I never tried.
By Doh
sloaner wrote:Hey Doh, those look great. Are they on foam? If so I may have to try a few with that shaded technique. I've always though those patterns would be too hard to do on foam so I never tried.

Yes, they are all foam. It's easy if you have the right tools.
By blueikaos
They look great!

I'll have to try my hand at shading one of these times.
By Raven
Very nice! You have a lot of patience, I would have given up on that first pattern, or at least complained a lot while carving! :)
By S.A.M
What the...I don't know how that Predator one is even possible :shock: Fantastic work Doh, amazing skill and patience to get those done. Top stuff.
By Doh
S.A.M wrote:What the...I don't know how that Predator one is even possible :shock:
I have a few sequence shots:
Here is where the pattern is applied using a sticker. I have used an exacto knife to remove the sticker from the areas I am about to cut through.

Here it is with the cut through areas completed.

Here it is with about 33% of the shading done:

And here it is with 75% of the shading done:
By GUS
like to torment yourself Doh!?

that l;ooks like a trial, (the winning sort)

Did you have any testing moments the whole thing was looking shakey or smooth roads all the way?
By Doh
GUS wrote:like to torment yourself Doh!?

that l;ooks like a trial, (the winning sort)

Did you have any testing moments the whole thing was looking shakey or smooth roads all the way?
I must admit that there were several moments where the thought of myself, armed with a 12 ga. shotgun and yelling "PULL!" as my 11 year old tossed the damn thing into the air, was quite appealing.
By sloaner
Hey Doh, just wondering what type of sticker paper you used for these and is there a specific type of bit you use on your dremel?
By Doh
sloaner wrote:Hey Doh, just wondering what type of sticker paper you used for these and is there a specific type of bit you use on your dremel?
I use labels from here: http://www.planetlabel.com/product/whit ... -rectangle

St0ney has a thread here on Zombie about the stickers: http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... sc&start=0

As far as bits go, I use many diamond burrs, stone grinders, and steel cutters, as well as drill bits.
By nosferatu
That is amazing. I wouldn't even dream of attempting that. WOW!