Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yep, the 2009 Bonus Patterns will be available until the new site launches in early September. So if anyone was to join at the Monster Harvest level this summer, technically you'd get access to the 2009 Bonus Patterns and the 2010 ones around Halloween (since accounts last for 9 months). What a steal. :wink:
By Sam_hain
its like a mini xmas in october...although instead of unwrapping gifts you print pumpkin patterns.

that coraline would look nice with some hot glued button eyes
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sam_hain wrote:that coraline would look nice with some hot glued button eyes
Always looking to take the patterns to the next level with creative props. That's what I like to hear. There may be a "Most Creative" prize in your future.
By Sam_hain
i tell you what ryan. your work just brings that little extra creative side out in me. Some of the ideas arent that big, its simple things that just add a bit to change it up from the run of the mill carved pumpkin...gives people something extra, hell if im gonna set it up so ppl gotta walk through my pumpkin "maze" might as well make it worth it with those little special touches.

of course I do think my "ghost" pumpkin will be the greatest if it works out lol
By CombichristGirl
Sam_hain wrote:i tell you what ryan. your work just brings that little extra creative side out in me. Some of the ideas arent that big, its simple things that just add a bit to change it up from the run of the mill carved pumpkin...gives people something extra, hell if im gonna set it up so ppl gotta walk through my pumpkin "maze" might as well make it worth it with those little special touches.

of course I do think my "ghost" pumpkin will be the greatest if it works out lol
the pumpkins walkthrough is what i do. believe me people will start noticing.cant wait to see what goodies you show us :)

GUS GUS GUS! you guys must have the pumpkins helix in your dna. i hope to get my 7 year old to do one this year. she has carved but never a pattern just faces. she either gets bored or needs help and ends up wanting me to do it half the time. i think she gets mad that she cant do some extreme things and gets frustrated lol. poor thing but im hoping to get her to do at least a simple pattern this year or 2 start gettting the hang of it ya know. any tips other than outline being good which makes sense and to be helped with choosing and whatnot?
i know you rnot setting up or anything but are you gonna at least carve a few pumpkins this year? i mean we cant have izzy getting so good and then not being able to do 1 right :D :wink: :D
By GUS
"Oh there will be pumpkins..." :wink:

I'm clearing out my old stuff, making space, reluctantly letting go of a few Zp foamies, some animated stuff etc, so it will be bare, the projector will make up some of the shortfall I imagine.

otherwise it's alot of candy / sweeties I've got to eat with Izzy.
(she's virtually finished off the "blue tongue" lollies ..lots of lovely gory colour, she cannot resist em!
Carving with young kids is great, though one at a time with the emphasis on quiet & listen to me, feel the pumpkin etc..

Looks like we'll be gutting pumpkins for her school at £1.00 per time for halloween, so plenty of opportunity to offer ZP & a few others as options for pumpkin carving, i've got to try & cover all bases ..so Zp /stoney's & Jp's flyer combined to cover horror, gamers, film, manga, personalities etc, downright awesome take-yer-pick ..mix!
By GUS
St0ney wrote:Izzy did a fine Job on that Carve !

Very cool Gus to have another expert carver in the family !
Thanks Stoney, appreciate it, my only ever photo to the site incidentally ..effectively as a contributor to this site i'm technically an "unknown quantity" when it comes to my carves..

I have a few lousy shots over on my twitter account but that''s as far as it go's, if anyone can be bothered, I do stress the phrase "LOUSY hurried photography" though!

Mr__Gus
By GUS
CCG pre-pricking (well for me it's actually scoringthe entire pattern) rubbing talc in for kids to see & having a thin pumpkin wall from which to help the cut & to be cut lines glow as a marker for any kid is essential, then it's merely holding on tight & re-angling the pumpkin as required whilst showing them every minute or so how it's looking & discussing the next cut, depth, tight turn etc..

Result!
By stormqueen29
What a great job she did!

Now my daughter isn't speaking to me, because apparently I failed to download the Corlaline pattern before my Monster All Access membership expired when he new site launched. Ryan, any way you'd save a tardy parents' hide by sending it to me ?

Gale