Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Hottie McNaughty
It's unseasonably warm here so the poor things aren't lasting very long. Oh well, guess that just means I'll have to carve more of them!

I'm still using the crappy carving tools I have while I wait for my new ones to arrive. When I worked at a vet clinic I would use scalpel blades and they were awesome. Alas, I'm no longer working in the field and don't have access to them anymore. Anyhoo, here are the carvings I've done so far this year:

Boo from Monsters, Inc:

Your basic spider:

Obligatory headless person:

And of course, the Cheshire Cat. He matches my tattoo:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Already showing off your carving photos, just what I like to see. Nice 'kins, I probably like the Cheshire Cat the most (and not just because it's one of my designs). That's cool that you have the cat as a tattoo, and now your forum avatar and one a pumpkin.

The Cheshire Cat is classic, and somewhat Halloweeny because he's a cat. Maybe I'll eventually do the Disney toon version of that cat, and/or the upcoming Tim Burton version.
By nosferatu
I like the Cheshire Cat too and have never seen a headless person pattern before. Nice work 8)
By SaneInsideInsanity
very nice work hottie...very nice
By SuperSonic
agreed
By Hottie McNaughty
The latest carving, destined for work. This one was particularly fun/scary for me. Last year I was attacked by a St. Bernard at work and seriously injured. Although his name *wasn't* Cujo, needless to say that's what we call him when talking about it.

I have to say, this was an extremely fun one to crave. Excellent pattern and I may have to carve another one for home. I need to do a bit more detail work on the eyes but I got tired and didn't want to mess it up. This bad boy took two candles to light properly for photos.

Enjoy!

By nosferatu
Looks good. Could have done with your arm between the teeth?

Did the St Bernard attack you then administer brandy to you from a barrel round its neck? I always thought that the worst a St Bernard could do to you was slobber you to death.

Hope its nothing too serious
By Hottie McNaughty
nosferatu wrote:Looks good. Could have done with your arm between the teeth?

Did the St Bernard attack you then administer brandy to you from a barrel round its neck? I always thought that the worst a St Bernard could do to you was slobber you to death.

Hope its nothing too serious
No, he wasn't so pleasant as to give me a toddy after he chewed on me. He left me with 13 punctures on my arm. Not too bad considering I'm 5'4" and he was 175lbs. Unfortunately I then developed blood poisoning and spent 3 nights in the ER. I'm allergic to most antibiotics so it was dicey for a bit but it all worked out.
By GUS
was the dog / has the dog been diagnosed as epileptic? ..or similar.
This why I had my nose ripped off my face as a kid, first signs of epilepsy (poor thing)
By Hottie McNaughty
GUS wrote:was the dog / has the dog been diagnosed as epileptic? ..or similar.
This why I had my nose ripped off my face as a kid, first signs of epilepsy (poor thing)
They did a work up and didn't find anything wrong with him. Not sure where is now, all I know is he's not allowed to board at my work any more!
By SaneInsideInsanity
...board at your work...so im geussing you have a day night persona like most of us then considering your employment...which by the way im extremely jealous of....in the other thread?
By Hottie McNaughty
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:...board at your work...so im geussing you have a day night persona like most of us then considering your employment...which by the way im extremely jealous of....in the other thread?
You are correct! Haha. I run a dog kennel during the day and perform/produce burlesque at night.
By Hottie McNaughty
Pumpkin #6 "Name's Bruce!" I like this one a lot. I got my new carving tools today and there's a bit of a learning curve. I'm sure I'll get the hang of them! For some reason this one was really easy to light.