Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By nosferatu
Really good! I like Zombie Host and I'm assuming that's Tinkerbell. Great start 8)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Looks great, shutterbug. You said you're using the Versa tool, right? Doesn't that thing work great on the Michael's pumpkins? If anyone is carving Michael's foamkins, it's the way you gotta go. The lines are so crisp.
By Ajax
What is a versa tool? i have a fake micheals pumpkin and have yet to carve it. I've had it three years :| . Can you buy a versa tool at micheals. Sometimes in Canada we can't get the same tools. I don't think you can buy Saral paper anywheres in Canada atleast not in New Brunswick. Very nice carves shutterbug.
shutterbug liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The versa tool is a heated blade, and it's available at Michael's also (in♦ the US, at least). More info in this thread.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
GUS, they're not so good on Funkins. Besides having a different density of foam, the blade on the Versatool isn't quite long enough to go all the way through the typically thicker skinned Funkins.
By GUS
zombiepumpkins wrote:GUS, they're not so good on Funkins. Besides having a different density of foam, the blade on the Versatool isn't quite long enough to go all the way through the typically thicker skinned Funkins.
Grrrrrr! Thanks Ryan, I was getting all excited tracking uk suppliers down as well!

Gutted!
By shutterbug
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!!!Thanks for the help on the fotos Ryan.I'm going to try Ash next...we'll see.
The Versa Tool was given to me by my wife last year for Christmas...with a Micheals punkin.
Hey Ajax...They are at Micheals either with the punkin stuff or in the woodcarving area.They do cost about 39 bucks, but if you can find a 50% coupon somewhere put it to GREAT use.
Yes that is Tink...I found a spot where there were a bunch of Disney patterns.I think it was a Disney site.
I did have a bit of trouble around David's eyes, 'cause it was such a small area, but I'm going to clean that up with my saw.
Thanx everyone...Judd
By purple1worm
Very nice carves!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great choices, shutterbug. Wow, Joker looks absolutely sinister and appropriate in the color green. You're off to a great start with your carving season.
By shutterbug
Having a bit of fun with these fakers!I can watch Speed channel at the same time, & there's no rush to get them done.I'm definately going to need another 10 rainbows!People are staring at the house at nite now 'cause they don't know what's coming next...& it's only half past September!!!...Yes...I'm displaying 1 a nite,in no particular order or colour!...strobe too!
Thanks for putting those up here for me Ryan...I'll figure it out one of these nites...