Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Mister_JP
Here are 7 of my designs carved. I did them all but Casper, my wife did that one. I have a bunch more, but I'm waiting for my friend to send me the photos. Thanks Ryan for allowing me to post my non-zombie pumpkin designs!

By mesmark
The hand out of the grave making a jack o' lantern is sweet.
By Mister_JP
Just reviving this old topic to brag a bit. I submitted several of my pumpkin carvings to Pumpkin Master's carving contest. I received a letter from them today, and I won a prize! 3rd place in the "faces" category for "Dead Man's Party" (above). The prize is $125. Not bad. Definately more than covers all costs of pumpkins, carving materials and stamps to enter the contest! Who's insane now?

I'm not sure if any other of the designs won or not. The letter didn't specifically say that they didn't, so maybe there are more letters en route... (I can hope, right?)
By mesmark
That's cool! I hope you get more!

Will they use your stencil in anything or is it just a contest?

Do you get a link back to your site? That would also be well worth it.
By Mister_JP
If they decide to use the stencil, then I'll get a one-time publication award. They didn't specify how much that would be, IF they do use it, that is. The letter didn't mention wether or not they are going to do that. I guess they decide that at a later date.

Unfortunately I get no other props besides credit for winning. I think that by way of submitting the design, I essentially give them carte blanche to do whatever they want with it.
By Mush-Mo
Congratulations!!! Great job. Just think how that will look on your resume :lol: .
By mesmark
Well, either way, congratulations!

But I can see the headline across your homepage now...
"From one of the Pumpkin Masters stencil designers comes..."
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Congrats on the cash prize from Pumpkin Masters, Mister_JP! I entered their contest once (about 4 years ago) and all I won was a coupon for candy.

Of course, I didn't give them my best original designs, because then they'd own them. 8)