Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By paddy_babe
I dont have new ones, mostly the old pokemon, rocket ones, fossil etc I do have so Japenese ones I got from spain :D about 200 odd and a shed load of trainer and energy. not mint condition but nice :D if sonic doesnt want them (or anyone else on here) I MIGHT start getting some new ones.....
By SuperSonic
i completly endorse you getting the new ones and keep the old if you do so wish :D
By Joey
I carved up 2 more this weekend! First up, a pumpkin dedicated to my favorite baseball team in the world:
Pretty timely too, finished the night before we swept the Red Sox :D
And more pokemon:
The second of the trio I've got planned to carve. It's Entei, a legendary beast of fire. Based off a lion and a volcano, it's probably the most suited to a pumpkin :D
By JMP919
Joey I have a bone to pick with you. While I love your carving, and your technique is brilliant, YOUR ANGELS RUINED MY WEEKEND! I had the PRIVILEGE of being at Fenway Park and watching Papelbon blow a FOUR RUN LEAD to end baseball for me until April. ONE OUT AWAY FROM FORCING GAME FOUR!! Papelbon and I are DONE!! I will be rooting for the Angels to beat the Yankees, but the Sox could have won ONE game for me!! What a horrible day! :(
By mudd
woo hooo angels!!! now bosox fans know how we felt them last few years. glad to see another angels fan out here. beutiful carve, the best so far. i really want the angels to win this year, next years all-star game will be in anaheim, and i didnt wanna see francona managing the a.l. all star team next year. girardi and the yankees are next, i wanna see scioscia manaage the all star team next year. btw fantastic carve, gotta bring it back to subject since i wandered a bit. ANGELS!!!!!
By SaneInsideInsanity
Very nice like always
By SuperSonic
I could never carve a Pokemon except for Voltorb that accurately nice as always Joey
By Joey
I actually got to go to games 1 and 2 here, which was loads of awesome.

I still can't believe the Sox walked Tori Hunter to get to Vlad. Sure he hasn't been hitting as hot as he used to, but you just handed him a challenge and asked him to knock one. Made an awesome morning for me! Don't worry, we'll be sure to take down those Yankees too!

And thanks guys for all the awesome comments! Makes it all worth it!

Voltorb sounds like it would be cool to carve, now that you mention it...
By CombichristGirl
wow very nice clean carves
im lovin that a for some reason lol :) as more than a carve
By Joey
And for round 4, I wiped myself out and did three!

First up is a little castle from Pumpkinglow.com:
I made the mistake of trying it on a pumpkin that was way too small, so a lot of things broke and it didn't turn out as nice as I'd like, but it's still pretty.

Next is my obligatory pokemon of the week:
Suicune, to round off the Beast Trio from gen 2. Actually my least favorite of the pokemon, but it turned out rather well. Though it doesn't seem as suited to a pumpkin, being a water-type.

And last, in the same vein as last weeks Angels Logo:
I actually don't care that much about football, or the Chiefs. But my dad is a huge fan, and I made this for him. And apparently they won this weekend, so that's something.
By mesmark
Those are great! The castle is really nice but I have to say, I'm always quite impressed with the Pokemon.

I have a couple big Pokemon fans around the house so I always show them. They love them. (And unfortunately start asking me to them. I tell them I don't want to steal your thunder. :) )
By SuperSonic
mesmark wrote:Those are great! The castle is really nice but I have to say, I'm always quite impressed with the Pokemon.

I have a couple big Pokemon fans around the house so I always show them. They love them. (And unfortunately start asking me to them. I tell them I don't want to steal your thunder. :) )
I'm also as equally impressed with the PKMN carves

mesmark, it doesn't surprise me that there are PKMN fans in your house
By Joey
mesmark wrote:Those are great! The castle is really nice but I have to say, I'm always quite impressed with the Pokemon.

I'm glad you all like them! They're my favorite to do, even when they give me trouble and I hate them while carving. They just look awesome once I finish and light them up for the first time! I'm sure your pokemon fans can take solace in knowing that they get the new games before I do! (At least I think they do. You are in Japan, right?)

Gearing up for some more carving tomorrow!
By Joey
BUMP! It's time for my Halloween pictures, since I finally got them all uploaded, but first, I forgot to post my pictures from the weekend before Halloween. So you get even more pictures!

From the 24th:
Image Image
This was my master plan from the beginning, and the reason I carved Raikou, Entei and Suicune. It's Ho-oh and Lugia, the mascots of Gold and Silver, in their new designs from the remakes. Which I am dying to get my hands on when they come out here next spring. I'm really happy with these two, as they're really good markers of how much I've improved since I first carved these guys in 2004. I tried to go for a matching set type thing, and I think it worked well.

And my entry into the Hardcore Pumpkoff contest on DeviantArt. I ended up taking 2nd place again this year. Still a fun carving, even if he doesn't have anything to do with the G/S theme I'd been building up.

And now for Halloween! I was finally able to get my Video Game theme into action. I spent about 3 days carving, which is why I sort of disappeared around here. I started Friday morning when I had a small carving party with a few friends. Saturday I took on a bunch of ZP designs, and Sunday I carved the rest of the pumpkins I hadn't gotten around to yet.

Friday:
Image First up in my video game themed Halloween is Pikachu! Just in case you guys weren't sick enough of my pokemon already :D I've actually done this design before, back in 2002. I was new to this whole pumpkin carving thing, so I hadn't thought to take pictures.

Next up is a Chocobo, from Final Fantasy. This design's from one of the spinoff games, I'm not sure which one. I really like this one, especially the feet. It's got an attitude.

And my last one of Friday night, the best pumpkin I have ever made. Link from Phantom Hourglass. It really is my favorite pumpkin I have ever carved. I want to marry it. Took about 6 hours just to carve.

Saturday:
Started off Halloween with these little guys. They're both on miniature pie pumpkins, and both patterns are from VGCats. I probably could have made the pokeball without it, but I was going for speed that day. The one on the right is Navi from Ocarina of Time, which most people didn't recognize. Hey! Listen!

Then I got to cracking on all the ZP designs, starting with the main man himself, Mario. I felt like I was going to break this thing so badly.

Bowser, and I've carved this design before. This is the first time on a full sized pumpkin however, I think it looks awesome. This is the only one to have something break the entire weekend, and it was broken later in the night, right before I took the pictures.

Princess Peach, probably my favorite from Halloween. She's just so darn cute.

Boo, and a design I've wanted to carve for awhile.

Sunday Morning:
Wario ended up being late to the party, I didn't get him carved until the 1st. I actually don't like Wario at all, but he rounded off the Super Mario Brothers theme nicely.

Image And finally, Phoenix Wright, who was also late. This is my last pumpkin of the year. I had meant to do this one Friday night as well, but Link took up all my time. I love the giant finger.

Some group shots:
All the Mario pumpkins together.

All 11 carvings all together. This one gives a great example of the different sizes. I actually have this as my desktop now.

So that's it! 72 hours and 11 pumpkins. I totally burned myself out, with so much carving. I'm not sure how I'm going to best myself next year. I broke all my records by carving 22 pumpkins all season, plus the 2 watermelons. It's been crazy. And I have so many pumpkin seeds I think I'm going to choke.

PS- The oldest joke in the book, carved in about 2 minutes: