Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By kittehkat
Well, here's this year's pumpkins. This first one is a PM design, carved by a friend at my house, but the rest are all of Ryan's!

I played with the lighting a bit because I thought the blue looked neat.

My mom carved Jack Sparrow.

Our pirate theme

The first pumpkin carved, Yoda was. On halloween night, lit him with green gloowsticks, we did.

I carved this guy in record time for me, I think.

The hardest pumpkin I carved this year, but it was so worthwhile! Everyone was impressed!

My mom's practice carving difficult pumpkins for me every year paid off.

Now, my pride and joy...
He was so hard to carve!
I added gouged, bloody scratches in the side, which was awesome, because the blood dripped down into the tip of his knife fingers.

Those were carved in the last 3 days til Halloween and it was a ton of fun!
By mesmark
Fun to talk like Yoda, it is. Great pumpkins, those are.

Are those fun-kins? It seems like you cut the bottoms.
By kittehkat
Nope, they're real pumpkins. We always cut the bottoms in my house and just place them on the ground, over the candle, instead of re-sealing them. We live in AZ, so it doesn't make sense to make a top cut to us since the tops just shrivel and fall into the pumpkins by the 2nd or 3rd day; plus, all the heat on the sidewalks evaporates the moisture from the bottom of the gourd and makes a nice, firm, dry bottom. I guess top cuts make more sense, but I'm just so used to making bottom cuts I continue to do it. The great thing about bottom cuts is that you can trim anything extra off that you want so you can work with any shape pumpkin so long as it has a flatter side, then just make it angle the direction you want by cutting the opposite angle from which it's at.