Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Tkaraoke
Nice to see ole Drac having a tall, cold one! :D

I love ideas like this! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to make a roped off section so can keep the little ones from getting too close to the pumpkins. I was thinking about getting some of those little foam skulls, painting them black and red, attaching them on some kind of shaft/stick, planting them into small flower pots, and then connecting some kind of rope to create a barrier. They had tons of those skulls at Walmart last year but so far they haven't shown up.
By GUS
Im setting mine up just inside the garage door this year,

..basically if they cross the imfra red beam of the auto opener / shutter
the sharp metal edges of my garage door come down really fast!

..hopefully that'll deter them. :lol:
By Joey
Avast! Those be some mighty seafaring designs ye got thar! That scurvy vampire looks mighty thirsty, I'd be giving him some of my rum but I won't be sharing!

I've actually got the kitchen windows right next to me front door, so I be keeping my pumpkins in thar to keep the kids from doin em any harm! I lost me best ship pumpkin a few years back and learned me lesson, mateys!
By GUS
,,galley windows ye swab!
By 500cdn
I Love The Way You Have Done Tweety Pie In The Middle Of The Broken Shells..........
By GUS
stoney what else are you carving over there give us an idea, ..for possible props
By St0ney
Thanks everyone !
And yeah the kids destroy a lot of my carvings
buy touching them.

GUS wrote:stoney what else are you carving over there give us an idea, ..for possible props

I really don't know ???

There will be 4 themes,That I'm planning on doing for sure.

1. Politics -Obama, McCain and Donkey/Elephant
(Sticking with the Scary Horror Theme - LOL)

2. All Philadelphia Sports team logo's
(farm is in my home state of PA)

3. The entire Cast of the Munsters TV Show.
(Herman, Lilly, Eddie, Gran Pa & the Ugly niece) - LOL

4. The Beatles each on own kin, and band logo

Most of the Kins will be Easy or Med Skill level.
These guys like to see Many carvings

But I will do one "Extreme or very Detailed "Jumbo Carve that will most likely take 2 days to complete - one just to transfer the design - the other to carve.
(will do this one the last weekend before Halloween)

I printed off about 200 patterns,

I normally, carve most of my own pats, and also bring some zombie and JP and this year a few of Dan's when their available (Hint Hint)
To help promote their sites.

The Farm has their own workers carve tons of PM Patterns.
So it's great to do pat's from the great cut-out websites, to show there are OTHER OPTIONS out there. (WINK)

The Farm (Linvilla Orchards in Media PA)
gets about 20,000 to 50,000 people a day!
It's like a family outing day, they have Live bands, hayrides, maze's, live animals for the kiddies to feed, Play area, Haunted hayride.
And the BEST Damn Pies you'll ever taste.

They Bill them selfs as the 2nd largest pumpkin display in the states. There's a link to the farm on my front page of my web site
If anyone lives in the area - pop over and say hello.

Here's a Shot (photo below) of a days worth of pumpkins sold at this place. That's a true statement, halfway through the day these bins are 1/2 empty

(If i wasn't a carver I may see it as 1/2 full) LOL

Then they have the farm hands replenish the bins and fill them to the top again, by the end of the night their back to being 1/2 empty.

By GUS
..my jaw dropped when I read that, that's some footfall! :shock:

so did the mrs.... & the childs jaws ..really that's AMAZING!

..Our celebration (HA) pales in comparison :cry:

SO jealous!
By 500cdn
Wow

Haw Many Pumpkins ?
By Tkaraoke
Looks like Burning Man is still in the background looking for the perfect pumpkin! LOL

That's one sight to behold and I can't wait for you to post the pictures of your carving sessions. Maybe...just maybe someone could snap a photo of the artist perhaps?
;)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice carving props St0ney. Humorous stuff. Way to think outside the... pumpkin. I'm hoping that was a flawed or mistake pumpkin that you used for Tweety's egg shell? Heck, even if it wasn't it's still a good use for a pumpkin.

And I'll agree with the others, those giant bins of pumpkins make me drool. I have some sources for decent pumpkins, but have never confronted that many at once. It's almost too many to choose from. With so many options, a pumpkin fanatic could be there for hours, looking for the perfect one.