Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I understand the itch to carve, for sure. And Chaplin is a good choice. Quite a talented guy! Your carving looks like a photo and does him justice.

Stoney, I'm curious... if you were to do the math for all the pumpkins you carve in a year, what percentage would you say are artificial pumpkins, and what percentage are real pumpkins?
By St0ney
Thanks Ryan !
This is one of my favorite scenes from a chaplin film. 2nd Fav is the ending of city lights.

FUN FACT:
The Kid was Played by Jackie Coogan Who grew up to be Uncle Fester
He was also married to Betty Grable - a 2 year Hollywood Marriage) .

These Days, I carve Almost "ALL" Foam pumpkins. Last year I think I only carved one Real.

(Sorry for the Late reply,)
I spent the past week, working on House Stuff and was not online.
Replaced a 100' Split Rail Fence, Power washed My House's vinyl siding and PVC Yard fences etc.....

The older I get the tougher this stuff gets.. :oops:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds like you know your trivia about classic Hollywood. As soon as you mentioned the name Jackie Coogan, I recognized the name as the Uncle Fester actor. I do know a bit about The Addams Family and The Munsters. I feel a connection to them... they're just like my real family (but a bit more normal).

And I know what you mean about the home maintenance getting tougher as the years go on. I just spent a few days scrubbing and staining a deck... then needed the whole weekend to recover.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
That's a fantastic carve!

And I completely agree about the outdoor maintenance as well. The older I get the harder it is to get done.