Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
So far I’ve carved 2 pumpkins that were starting to rot. I currently have approximately 60 more to carve sitting on my porch and in the flower beds. I’ll start carving next Friday. Tonight I started to transfer some of the patterns. I’ll have several helpers this year as well!

With that many pumpkins, you're bound to get some early rotters. But hey, it's a good excuse to carve some early. Good warmup. Cool to see Krampus, even though he's technically out of season. What the heck, he's creepy though. And there's already Christmas stuff in stores.

So you did the bride and Frank on one pumpkin? I have tentative plans to do some multi-carves like that. All the pumpkins I got this year are huge, and a couple are downright massive.
Yes, Frank and his bride were both carved on a homegrown pumpkin. It was a super soft pumpkin that cut like butter. Unfortunately I didn't thin the pumpkin enough on the brides side and messed up her right eye while removing a piece.

I wasn't able to find as many huge pumpkins as I have in the past, but I did find enough that I'm planning to do all four ghostbusters together, Negan and Rick Grimes together, And possibly all three Silver Shamrocks. I love how it looks with multiple carves on one pumpkin..
Great plans. People seem to be impressed with multiple designs on one pumpkin. It's a good way to carve a lot of designs you want to do, without needed another pumpkin for each.

I did all 4 Ghostbusters on one massive pumpkin. While I was very happy with the final product, while I was carving, it felt like it would never end! Haha. I'm just thankfully the main team didn't have 5 or 6 guys. :lol:
Great carves, Krampus looks fantastic, and very nice job on frank and his bride :thumbsup:
I've never actually done multiple carves in one pumpkin, I've always kinda been afraid that one pattern wouldn't look as good as the other, so I always end up doing just one on each kin, but seeing yours I should probably try it :)
Pumpkinfreak wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:36 am
Great carves, Krampus looks fantastic, and very nice job on frank and his bride :thumbsup:
I've never actually done multiple carves in one pumpkin, I've always kinda been afraid that one pattern wouldn't look as good as the other, so I always end up doing just one on each kin, but seeing yours I should probably try it :)
I love doing multiple carves on a single pumpkin. I've done all 4 Ghostbusters, shrunk down to 75% each on a pumpkin twice in the past, and am doing it again this year. It looks pretty awesome when it's done. I'm also thinking about doing all the Munsters, the Silver Shamrocks, and Beast, the Rose and Belle on 1.
Pumpkinfreak liked this
While transferring over our patterns tonight we came across another pumpkin that was getting very soft on the bottom so my daughter decided to carve it awhile.

So far we’ve transferred 41 patterns onto 37 pumpkins using Saral paper. We still have 21 more patterns to transfer onto 13 pumpkins. We’ll have several large pumpkins that will have multiple patterns shrunken to 75% on them. I believe we still have another 4 pumpkins that we haven’t decided what to put on.

We’ve bought a lot of very large pumpkins this year and have had to blow up around 15 of the images to either 125 or 150%. I love the way this looks on the large pumpkins, especially Pennywise and King Kong.

The amount of work we have already done, and the amount we still have to do is ridiculous, but I think we can do it with a lot of Diet Coke and endless movies!

Here’s ET at 125%:

Very nice carve and great detail!
Wow, sounds like you still have a lot of work :shock:
I agree, a very large pumpkin with a sized up pattern just has that something special to it, and there are patterns with which it works and patters that I feel just don't like the 125 or 150%.
It's weird but it seems each pumpkin only likes certain patterns, so it's always fun to match pumpkin to pattern :D
Did this one for a local brewery who opened a few months back. They’re also a client of mine so I thought they’d like it.
I realized that I never came back to update my 2017 carves. Between daughter, myself and a few others we ended up carving 63 patterns onto 54 pumpkins. Everyone seemed to love them.
amandap80 liked this
I like that layout. I’d been parsing mine out here and there but I like that it looks like a pathway. Might try that this year. :thumbsup: