Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Raven
I wasn't into Halloween at all this year. I really don't know what happened. I put up fall decorations in September, was away from home most of the month, and when I returned just never felt like decorating for Halloween. My usual pumpkin buying places had horrible selections this year, so I decided I wasn't carving this year. That was until a few days ago when I walked into a grocery store and saw beautiful pumpkins at a very decent price. Usually I do around 10 carves, this year a sad 3. I didn't decorate so any props I could have used are packed away in the attic still, so no really elaborate staging. I really wanted some barbed wire for Lucille, but wasn't about to go out today just for that, so just pretend she is wrapped and thirsty!

By Cirrus
I was a little off my game this year too, so I understand how you feel.

HOWEVER, your displays look great! I always love the way you stage your photos. Nice carves!
Raven, I read your story first, and then scrolled down to the photos... and I was amazed to see such impressive efforts. This is what you do when you're not into it!? You sure hold yourself to high standards. I think these are fantastic. Appropriate props and quality carvings. Thank you for the generous support, even in a year when you're not feeling so into it. Don't feel bad, it seems everyone has those off-years where the Halloween spirit doesn't bite. But then it comes back twice and strong eventually. Have a relaxing and fun Halloween.
By sloaner
Very nice pictures. You always have the best props. I was also going to make a Lucille bat but ran out of time. Maybe in the off season.
Even in a down year, you still fantastic carves, staging and incredible photos. Hopefully you bounce back next year! Happy Halloween!
By chuckwagon
No matter how much you do or don't carve, ever since I've been coming to the forums, I've been absolutely impressed with your photography skills. Your carves are always top notch as well. Hey, I wasn't really "into it" this year either. So much going on, that it's hard to find the time to invest in hobbies, but I love that you were able to find that spark, and bang out these awesome carves! Your work is always inspiring. :thumbsup:
By Ajax
Was wondering where you were haven't seen hide nor hair of Nos either. What you did manage to carve and photograph looks great.
By Raven
Ajax wrote:Was wondering where you were haven't seen hide nor hair of Nos either. What you did manage to carve and photograph looks great.
Nos and MonsterMash are missing this year!! :cry: