Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By cutiejd4
My best friend and I carve pumpkins every year and have been using patterns from this website for forever. This year, we decided to do the hitchhiking ghosts!

She has a toddler who loves the attention so we tried something different this year. As soon as we got her down for her nap, we got to work and scooped out the guts of each pumpkin. As soon as one of us was done with one, we'd take another one and do the next step (tape the pattern, poke holes, draw in the pattern). We quickly learned that trading pumpkins around instead of focusing on one at a time REALLY saved time. We even had to deal with a not so ripe pumpkin that took fifteen minutes just to open!

We're very happy how they turned out and the zombie pumpkins carving tools seriously make a world of difference. I don't have to worry about breaking anything! These guys only took us three hours from start to finish, including clean up. We're improving on time and skill over the years and we're excited to carve next year!
By Raven
Nicely done! I do the same when carving more than one 'kin at once. Scoop them all out, get all the patterns on, then start carving.

I will suggest you check out the threads here on the use of Saral paper to transfer the patterns. Much easier and much faster than the hole poke method.