Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Chewy
Not a productive year for carving for us this year. However, what we lacked in carved volume, I think we made up for with quality (and, later i'll post some pictures of the rest of our display from this year, which kinda makes up for going light on the pumpkins this year)

The question of the day is, which pumpkin did the 12 year old carve? I laugh, because honestly, if I didnt know, looking at them, I think id have a hard time myself.

A neighbour brought by a prop for them the next morning. Sadly, he was in a bit of a hurry and there wasnt time for a better staging.... Im going to try to see if i can con him out of them for an hour tonight to so something better...

Cool sneakers. The carves all look great and I can't tell the one done by the 12 year old, and most 12 year olds I've carved with don't have the patience to do a nice job like was any of those kins.
Raven hit the nail on the head, she did the sun. I tried SO hard to get her to do something else, sadly, she must have some of me in her, stubborn that child can be.

However, yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how much she can do so well. It was fun for her mom hearing comments about the pumpkins, and people marvelling over the sun - and getting their reactions when she told them it was her 12 year old who carved it.

I get to chuckle a bit too. The old "they must have some awesome tools" comment comes out a lot. Yes, sure, its all in the tools. LOL

Looking forward to doing a lot more carving next year. planning on putting the pumpkin light display back on again next year. :)