Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Cirrus
I couldn't find any specific rules about posting carves from patterns on other sites, so if there are any, please let me know!

These are the foamies I have done so far this year... the reals will probably be tomorrow's project.

*photo issue fixed*

BEVO XIV - Only a true Texan could fall in love with a STEER! BEVO, the beloved UT Longhorns mascot passed away earlier this month, so this one is in memory of BEVO XIV. It's my own pattern and I don't do many shaded foamies, but this one I wanted to keep for posterity, so I gave it a shot. I have to say the pumpkin gave me fits. It was the WORST thing I've ever sunk my knife into... It was from Michael's, and it had an uneven thickness, was hard in some places, and it had a bunch of bubbles in the foam which left little pin-hole dots in the shading. ARGH, hopefully BEVO will forgive me. RIP, BEVO.

Another Texas theme, and another one of my own pattern creations:

Grave 'n' Raven is one of my all-time faves... hope I did it justice -

Dawn of the Dead - another favorite - I am a zombie fanatic, so I could hardly wait to carve this one:

I have a growing patch of Great Pumpkin foamies that I add to every year. Here is one of Stoney's. Snoopy flying his Sopwith Camel (Snoopy Red Baron CO):

I don't remember where this pattern came from, but it's dead ringer for my dog, and much better than I could come up with, so I carved it:

10/31 - Updated to include my most recent carve on a real 'kin. Darth Vader - my own pattern made from a screen grab from a trailer for the new movie.
That's it for now, thanks for indulging me.
Last edited by Cirrus on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Raven
No problem with posting other non ZP! patterns...at least I don't think so. I do it. :P

Those look really great! Nice shading and carving. I'm not a fan of carving fake 'kins at all, but they are nice since they last forever.
By Cirrus
I'm not a fan of carving fake 'kins at all, but they are nice since they last forever.
Thanks Raven! I am with you on the fake pumpkins... This last one was almost a chore. I have a few that are on a theme that I add to from year to year, and I think they look great when done, but I don't have a proper work area anymore and I always come away feeling like I should be wearing a hazmat suit. I also have a storage problem and they are taking over my condo. Hopefully I will get a few of the real 'kins done today :D
By amandap80
Great carves! Grave N Raven is a favorite of mine too, and I love the Snoopy pattern too! Great work on all! :D