Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Raven wrote:
Ajax wrote: I do have some plans with lighter fluid or citronella or something flammable for an older pattern not sure if I can pull it off or not but want to try. Would also like to light up some tire tracks for BTTF but we'll see. Can't hurt myself with a little fire right??? :?
Isopropyl alcohol will burn nicely and not super bright which would be better for a picture in my opinion. Some paper tape on either side keeps it in a nice, straight line. I've been putting some thought into this. :P
Where do you buy that? Is that just rubbing alcohol? Good god what is wrong with us we are lucky we didn't all blow ourselves up when Ryan did his Achmed pattern. :lol: I'll stick with plan B stick them all in a pile of manure.
Last edited by Ajax on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Raven
Ajax wrote:
Raven wrote:
Ajax wrote: I do have some plans with lighter fluid or citronella or something flammable for an older pattern not sure if I can pull it off or not but want to try. Would also like to light up some tire tracks for BTTF but we'll see. Can't hurt myself with a little fire right??? :?
Isopropyl alcohol will burn nicely and not super bright which would be better for a picture in my opinion. Some paper tape on either side keeps it in a nice, straight line. I've been putting some thought into this. :P
Where do you buy that?
The alcohol? Look in your bathroom..it's just rubbing alcohol. Walmart has huge bottles for cheap. The higher % of alcohol the brighter it burns, but that might be too bright in a picture if you are trying to capture the glow from the pumpkin as well. It burns forever on a cotton ball so strips of cotton might be the way to go. If you do this, don't be surprised if I come up with the same picture. :wink:
By Ajax
Halloween 2015

The last 3 days of my life enjoy the avalanche. All stenciled, gutted and carved by me, people tend to avoid me this time of year :? .

It's my sons first Halloween had some fun with a couple of Ryans patterns

Happy Halloween everyone will post my outdoor pics soon. Thanks for all the great patterns Ryan.
By amandap80
Holy BALLS, Ajax, that is a heck of a grouping. Damn son. That looks amazing. Fantastic!
By ghostface
Oh wow! I'm in awe every year with how many carves you do in such a short amount of time! Beautiful grouping, and so glad to see Shock Monster done by someone else as well!
By Ajax
Outside display 2015

Had 60 kids maybe everyone was excited for the pumpkins. Wednesday was referred to as Anne of Green Gables twice :? . Back to the Future was a big hit one teen uploaded the pictures instantly and asked if I do this for a living :lol:. Thanks all for looking can't wait to view your pictures hope everyone had a great night. I'm not even going to say it this year Nos, 25-30 again next year.

Babys First Groot. My kids,

And now they are packed back away on the back deck so they don't get smashed on the road.

Love it all. The thing that always strikes me about your displays is how similar our pattern preferences are. Very eclectic but look great assembled. You and SAM are masters of the stair shot. Your's always makes me think of Nightmare on Elm Street, that Freddie's got you in the basement and that your escape is blocked by these demons of fire. Superb carving - you could do it for a living and love that you have got your kids involved.

I stuck to the deal and only had seven pumpkins. Ryan should sell Funkins, then we could carve all year round. Hard to believe you did all that work in three days, the carves are so sharp, so crisp. I bow to your superior dedication to the cause and such a great display. You are obviously the Halloween MC (Master Carver) for your neighbourhood. Your superhuman efforts paid off, big time. I love seeing everyone's carves but there are always a handful of people whose photos I can't wait to see. Already looking forward to next year when I plan to carve two a day throughout October :lol: Congratulations!
Great job Ajax! I'm sure you don't want to see another pumpkin for quite some time! It is fun to give yourself a challenge and actually complete it. All of your carves look fantastic.