Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Just got back from Columbia Farms, we pass up all the corn mazes and crowds and head to a quiet farm with an awesome selection of pumpkins and gourds.

love the variety and colors, not all will be carvers but we'll try a few of the funky ones.

And yes this biggun was heavy!
Last edited by shaft28 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
amandap80 wrote:ooo! Nice! Any plans for that Atlantic Giant?
I'm torn, maybe a combo carve with Groot and (crossing fingers) Rocket. Or I may just do a huge jack. I'm not super artistic, so I'm not shading or anything crazy; and I find doing fine detail on the big ones just a chore thinning them out and widening to make light come through. So a huge crazy jack o lantern just kind of sound appealing. (Not to mention I've got 12+ carvings to do in the next 2 weeks - foam and real. Time is a factor.)

Will decide next week...
Do a giant micheal Myers or something easy on it. It will probably be tough to gut and carve. The Kins look awesome can't wait for the finale.
Yeah, some of those cool ones won't get carved. Nice looking but too thick or like the princess one, turns mushy after a day or so. Got my trusty gutter so we'll dig in and see what happens.
Oh man, lots of possibilities for the Atlantic Giant! I can't wait to see what goes on that!

On my largest one this year, I blew Jaws up to 150%, and will be carving that next week. I did the same thing last year and got a great response about it.

That one looks plenty large enough for all three Back to the Future patterns as well. Good luck!
Ok a couple quick foam carves to start out. As always I can't wait to post so pre-dremel clean up...but I just can't wait. First 2 the kid picked the pattern.