Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
OK, so no actual carves yet, but I figured I'd post my home grown specimens that I'll be carving

Some of the ones I've purchased. (I keep most of them hidden on the porch so the neighbors don't start talking.

WindowsKins in the foyer window. They measure about 20 inches wide by 30 inches tall. These came out great.

Inside view:

Outside view at dusk. They look much better when it was completely dark.

Michael and Freddie:

Jason and Sam:

And finally the windows around the door:

Last edited by Mayor of Haddonfield on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
That's awesome!!! The corn husks on the pillars! Great job I love it.
Part of me is drawn to creepy Halloween decorations. But another part of me can really appreciate the plentiful harvest vibe of pumpkins and gourds of various shapes and colors. Classy stuff.

Those windowkins are awesome. The universal monsters are massive. And you chose front facing head shots that all complement each other in their style and level of detail. So good.

And even surrounding the door. I see those little Creature Reachers hiding in the small windows. The right side features a full set of Monster Cereals, but the left side has Night Owl sneaking into the Munster family. Maybe I need to make a Marilyn pattern for that bottom window panel?
Hottie McNaughty wrote:I love all of these! How do you light the windowkins?
Freddie, Michael, Jason and Sam are in our dining room windows and are lit by the chandelier in that room. Those aren't quite as lit up as I'd like, and I may add more light behind them.

The classic monsters and ones around the front door are lit by the chandelier hanging in the foyer.

I still need to finish Dumbledore, then the Harry Potter cast will be going up in the remaining front windows.
ghostface wrote:So cool! And I LOVE your house!

Why thanks! Halloween night is going to be great once the kids and I carve the 31 pumpkins we have. Last year the house was the hit of the neighborhood. That makes it all worth it.
Mayor of Haddonfield wrote:
Hottie McNaughty wrote:I love all of these! How do you light the windowkins?
Freddie, Michael, Jason and Sam are in our dining room windows and are lit by the chandelier in that room. Those aren't quite as lit up as I'd like, and I may add more light behind them.

The classic monsters and ones around the front door are lit by the chandelier hanging in the foyer.

I still need to finish Dumbledore, then the Harry Potter cast will be going up in the remaining front windows.

That's super cool.....I like that there's no special lighting. Excellent work!
Everything looks great, but the windows...awesome. Used to have those stacked Windows flanking our front door in a previous house...looks fantastic.
Love love love the windows, your house is gorgeous! I am jealous of your pumpkin crop, maybe next year I can grow some!