Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Raven wrote:
Mayor of Haddonfield wrote: Next Monday starts the carving of real pumpkins. 33 of them are lined up and ready to go. Once those fill the front yard, I think it will look great.
Are you a lone carver or will you have help doing 33? I did 3 the other night and thought my hand was going to fall off. :P
I'll definitely have help. I'm hoping to have my kids do 13 and I'll do 20. Actually I just got 2 more today so we're up to 35. We transferred about half the patterns over to the kins using Saral paper this weekend, and have 6 on Stick N Carve. It will be a big challenge but I took off work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. :thumbsup:
I'm doing the same around 20 and I took Thursday Friday off gut Wednesday night carve Thursday, Friday patterns all transferred with saral and marker or pen. Sound like we have a similar process. From past experience it's going to take you two 12 hour days :wink: . Lincoln looks awesome love that pattern and carve. Willy wonky looks great to. You got skills.
Ajax wrote:I'm doing the same around 20 and I took Thursday Friday off gut Wednesday night carve Thursday, Friday patterns all transferred with saral and marker or pen. Sound like we have a similar process. From past experience it's going to take you two 12 hour days :wink: . Lincoln looks awesome love that pattern and carve. Willy wonky looks great to. You got skills.
As I was transferring over the patterns I kept thinking "what in the world was I thinking?" I just love a challenge though, and will start really getting at it tonight. Our TOT is on Thursday, so that's my target date to be done.

I never thought about transferring over ahead of time until reading about someone doing that Last year. That's going to save a ton of time. Good luck in getting them done!
Quick update on yesterdays carves:

Marshmallow, Anna and Bella done by my youngest daughter

Darth Vader done by my son

And Dawn of the Dead, Scream, Happy Jack, Scared to Death and Two Moons done by myself

I was all ready to comment how cool the carving on that other gourd was, or the white Jack, but then I got to the two moons at the end and it's all I can think of now. That looks so awesome with both on one pumpkin! Very, very cool indeed! :love: :thumbsup:
Well we are finally done. In all we did 32 carves, and I think I shared them all. Our house was without a doubt a hit, with so many people saying they look forward to it every year. I'd say I'll make it bigger and better next year, but I don't think I can. I don't think my arm or back would allow me to do any more than what I did this year.

My son did Bobba Fett

His girlfriend did a VIP pirate from a couple years ago

My oldest daughter did Ozzie

My youngest daughter did Elsa, Frankenstein, E.T., Shaun of the Dead, and Gene Simmons

My youngest daughter's friend did Olaf

And I finished up the year with Homer Simpson, Back to the Future, Carol and the Burnt Walker, Carnival of Carnage, a Minion, BB8, Cemetery Zombie, Groot, Jaws (Terrible Picture doesn't do it justice), Walter White, T Rex blown up to 125%, and Woody and Buzz Lightyear. I think that's all of them.

Here's a pre night time, and after dark picture