Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
So, I couldn't wait to carve my first pumpkin with all of my new fancy tools. I used Saral paper and the ZP pro carving kit along with some poker tools, a pumpkin gutter, and modified xacto/scroll saw tool. It went very well and ZP pro carver went through the pumpkin like butter. It's soaking in bleach right now and I'm hoping it will last until the big day. If not, no biggie...I'll just carve another. :D

By BrookR1
Two more down and a bunch more to go. I'm still getting warmed up. I've started with the easier patterns and throughout the week, the patterns will get progressively more detailed. I always make mistakes in the beginning.

I'm not the expert stager like Raven. These pumpkin pics were taken on the top of my toilet. That's why that one jack is grinning so much. :shock: I will take pics of them in the wild once my display is finished.

By Ajax
They look great, and don't be lighting any tire tracks up in your bathroom.
By BrookR1
A couple of non-ZP patterns. I just couldn't resist Calvin. I also couldn't stop making my pumpkins T H I C K. They are more work, but I like the color transitions and sense of depth. My only regret is choosing pumpkins that had pronounced ridges. They distort the images somewhat. When I chose them, I liked them because they looked really good uncarved. Oh well...I'll know next year.

By shaft28
Calvin has been in bleach. (Only think that because he looks wet)