Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Those are both amazing, love the skull on white kin awesome idea and amazing execution of it. Is it gutted and lightable? I'm super jealous.
Thanks everybody! I am running a bit behind getting pictures this year. The white pumpkin was done with a Speedball lino cutter, a method I saw on Martha Stewart years ago. It is not gutted. You can gut them and light them if you thin them enough, but I like the keep them whole because they stay pretty longer. If you coat the front with Vaseline, they stay nice for up to 2 weeks. I like having a few like that because they are so nice to display, and look good in the house in the day time. :) I have had Vulture Shock carved for over a week, but haven't gotten a picture to suit me yet. Maybe this weekend!
Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character and the Aristotelian unities.
I carved Bilbo a few years ago, and was never able to get a decent picture. Today, I added the Giant Spider from Mirk Wood and decided to try again. Bilbo Baggins and Mirk Wood Spider patterns by Jammin Pumpkins. (I feel dirty posting a non-ZP, but these took SO LONG to carve I wanted a nice picture.). :oops: