Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Joey
It's here again! Sorry I haven't been very active, I've been busy with work so I've been spending most of my random days off carving. But it's been a good year so far. 7 pumpkins done, and a solid plan for actually getting a big theme done Halloween weekend. I meant to do some post Halloween carving last year but I burned myself out with the Majora's Mask. No watermelons this year either, I didn't force myself to make the time for any. I'll have to next year, I have some plans, and unfinished eeveelutions.

The awesome Ghost Pirate pumpkin from last years VIPs. I'd completely forgotten about this pattern until I opened up my pattern box and found it sitting on top. It's like I purposefully left it there so I would see it, go last year me!

Image Image
They made a pumpkin pokemon and so it was inevitable that I carved it. Pumpkaboo is the best pokemon ever, seriously. Also Phantump, because the two work well as a pair.

This one was for a contest that I lost. I kind of phoned this one in with the simple design but I like it anyway. The pattern base is from Subeta, the site the contest was on and where I am embarrassed to be seen :)

So my friend who made the Spook, Rand al'Thor, and Kvothe pumpkins of previous years and I spent half the year wondering what the heck we were going to do this year and then suddenly I realized it needed to be Animorphs. This thing is a beast that took way too long but it looked amazing. It is worth seeing the full size for alternate angles: http://johwee.deviantart.com/art/The-Es ... -489988982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another haunted house, cause I like carving them. Pattern is from some random carving kit that I can't identify. It made a good warmup for my next pumpkin.

I also spent way too long trying to decide on a MLP:FiM design, before I was like duh, Flutterbat. I like all the cool dynamic poses I can get with ponies, I don't seem to have many for pokemon.

BONUS:
By Jackoman
I like the Animals on the cube. The bears teeth must have been hard.
By Ajax
Amazing stuff I always love to come see your carves there so unique and well done.
By sloaner
Pumpkaboo!!! I bought a 3DS just to catch that pokemon lol. Great use of cutouts and shading technique :thumbsup:
By monstermash
Wonderful work as always Joey and you've a cute kitty there. It's got that look as if to say "what are all these big round things invading my space?" :thumbsup:
By nosferatu
Awesome carving. Your carvings are unique and your style instantly recognisable. Love em. :thumbsup:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
nosferatu said it well. Your pumpkin carvings have a style and subject matter unique to you. Always fun to see. Pokemon and My Little Pony might not seem too Halloween, but they sure can be when you choose to carve their pumpkin or bat variants! I'm also happy to see the Ghost Pirate appear. Glad he found you this year.