Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
It's here already, the countdown to Halloween 2014 is ticking and I've started carving today. Technically this was the first carve of 2014, Lt. Columbo of the LAPD (Los Angeles Pumpkin Department) carved for October's #ColumboTV tweet-a-long; yes such a thing exists & it's fun! This was a pattern designed for me by Randy at Orange and Black pumpkins.

But today carving proper started for the Halloween display, I started out with some tiny pumpkins that were 50p each, they have grinning jacks on them and are to be hanged in the tree on Halloween night. The bigger pumpkin has Olaf on it :)

I took a trip to Haddonfield to display them, there was a strange guy just stood there watching me, he never said anything he just stood there and stared; what a creep!

More glowy and closer pic of carves:
Last edited by S.A.M on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
By Ajax
Great start can't wait to see more. Who's the creep near the door, I just see a shadow looks like mike Myers the comedian not the serial killer.
By shaft28
Fantastic carves and photos. I'm just standing here staring at them, not saying anything. (That is creepy)
By monstermash
Better make that three creepy silent starers! Lovely crisp carves SAM. I forget just how great the grinning jacks can look. Keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:
By S.A.M
You're all too kind, thank you very much for your comments :)

I did some more carving today but haven't had time to get the set up I used yesterday up and running, been a busy day with work, carving, cooking and cleaning ; so no fancy photos today, here's a quick photo of what I carved:

Not happy with Elsa, I made her look a bit cross-eyed :( I didn't notice until just now looking at the photos, I'll see if I can correct it tomorrow or make it worse :lol: How embarrassing! It's been unseasonally warm here for the end of October (19°c) so I'm a little worried how the pumpkins are going to keep until Friday, I guess we'll see soon enough.

For the Columbo TV tweet a long I also did a video tutorial, not that any of you guys need it but here it is if you're interested:

More carving tomorrow but hopefully I'll have more time to either set up some good photos or get more pumpkins carved, I hope you're all having fun getting ready for Halloween :D
Awesome video! I would rave about your accent (I do love it) but I'm already using another minion here for their accent. :P

I use a Pumpkin Gutter to thin my walls, but I broke my (husbands) drill this year. I thought it was just a dead battery, but no, it's dead. I like the idea of the loop and it looks easy to use. So see, I got something from your video besides liking your accent. :wink:
Thanks again for your kind comments guys, they really do give me a boost when I feel like I'm lagging behind with my carves :D

Today's carves and Twisty seems to have got himself in to a bit of trouble, there's a facehugger and a Xenomorph after him, perhaps he can entertain them with a spot balloon modelling, who knows?

I modified the Facehugger pattern by adding some segments to the tail :)
Raven wrote:Awesome video! I would rave about your accent (I do love it) but I'm already using another minion here for their accent. :P

I use a Pumpkin Gutter to thin my walls, but I broke my (husbands) drill this year. I thought it was just a dead battery, but no, it's dead. I like the idea of the loop and it looks easy to use. So see, I got something from your video besides liking your accent. :wink:
I'm glad my video was of some use, the clay loop really is a fantastic bit of kit it'll thin your pumpkin in no time, might be a bit tiring if you're carving a lot of pumpkins. Aaw thanks if there was a blushing smiley on here I'd be using it right now :lol:

I've got three pumpkins left for tomorrow, I'm hoping to get them done fast so I can have a bit more time to stage some photos with some nifty backdrops.

It's almost time, the clock is ticking:
My Halloween III clock I made using a Cavity Colors slip mat :lol:
Your pictures are so crisp and wonderful. What kind of camera do you use? One day I'm going to get a good camera..one day. I sorta already own one,(D200 I think) but it came to us used from my father in law and unfortunately I really don't know how to use it. :(
Sorry if you have been asked this 100 times before.