Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By mesmark
It's been a tough year. Pretty busy here, and I couldn't get but 12 pumpkins. (4 for my kids, one for a friend and I let them all pick first.) One fell dead to rot before I could get to it. As a whole, the pumpkins are really small, but most can hold a tea candle. I was pretty down about carving, but I started carving with the kids last weekend and thing have been looking up since.

Here are the kids with their pumpkins:

and here are mine from today:

this is a stencil from st0ney mixed with my company's (unofficial) logo

then, ZP's E.T.
Last edited by mesmark on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By amandap80
Great pics! I love the E.T. picture, props to your bicycling assistant.
By Ajax
love et, looks great. You can try this one next.

the heart pattern looks cool and difficult. Love the kids designs, is that Daniel tiger?
By mesmark
Ajax - Thanks! I must admit that I got pretty excited about the ET idea. I was waiting and waiting for my son to get home and for it to get dark enough to try the idea.

The tiger like design is from a pretty popular (popular here anyway) Japanese anime show Youkai Watch. The character is Jibanyan. I helped out with the shaded part, but she did the rest.
By Raven
Love the kids carves! I especially like the zombie looks they have in the night shot.

E.T. is so fantastic!! Outdoor shots are difficult. It has to be dark enough to see the pumpkin lit up, yet light enough to see the "props". It drives me crazy (among lots of other things). Yours is perfect! E.T.'s finger is even extra bright. Amazing, Mark! :thumbsup:
By monstermash
I was sure I had posted on this thread already. I know ive definitely stared at your E.T. picture a good few times I wish I'd thought of doing that. Great family shot as always.
By nosferatu
I love that ET photo. In one shot, it summons up your thinking out of the box creativity. I always know that when I look at your photos I will be thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?" Oh well, that's one to plagiarize next year.

As ever, I love that Halloween is such an all encompassing family event for you and a great time is had by all.
By mesmark
Thanks for all the nice comments. Unfortunately, ET was the only pumpkin I spent the time and energy on to create a proper photo. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to do the ninja turtle pattern and take pictures with real ninjas in the background. :D

I took an LED light from a light-up balloon and pinned it inside the finger tip with toothpicks. That helped give the finger an extra bit of glow for photos. It didn't really do much when you looked at it in person.

I did carve a few more pumpkins, but just took some photos with my iPad:

I did the Crypt Keeper and a friend came by and carved Genie:

I have 2 pumpkins left. This is the first year that I didn't carve all of my pumpkins. :(

I may have a chance to do a couple more pumpkins and photos. We'll see ...
Last edited by mesmark on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax
There nice, seems like a quiet year for a lot of minions hopefully you'll come out with another photo or two but I think your ET pic has already made the gallery so your solid :thumbsup: