Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Ajax, hats off to you for carving all the Ghostbusters, even doing some double-carves. No small feat, I know. Did you do all the carving for those, back to back to back to back? Your accuracy did not waver.

And then your very next photo... whoa, ya bowled me over! Yeah, I guess 3 days of carving will result in an avalanche of jack 'o lanterns like this! Whooooa.

Looks like you scaled some of your patterns, eh? Little Annabelle. Big ol' Teddy Fear! Scared to Death cowering in fear under a mighty Twisty! Wow, that one is huge on the pumpkin. Horrifying.

You went all out with the sets. Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, Frozen, Alien. Awww, and Baby's 1st. See, you probably never carved that one before, but suddenly it's a fit. Oh, did you put Annabelle in the baby's room? That's just cruel.

What's your trick for such clean carves? Do you rinse in water and do some touch ups? Twisty, just to pick out one example, looks so accurate and smooth! Maybe the increased size helps also?

The photo of the Burnt Walker looks appropriately smokey. Nice props as usual. The rope lights look great in just about any photo. The bodies for Chernabog and Scared to Death - are those meant to be stands for pumpkins? Totally appropriate.

I liked seeing your photos of past outdoor displays for comparison. It really puts into perspective how much you carved. I'm sure you want a break from it now, but just wait 10 months. You'll be back at it!

I'm impressed with how much you did. Despite other obligations, you still managed to carve a ton and the photographs are great!
nosferatu wrote:Sounds like a plan. At the moment we are talking 5 or 6 by next October it will be 25 or 26. Especially given all those back to the Future, more universal monsters, Lurch, Vader, Walking Dead patterns. Maybe 35 or 36.
Haha, this quote might be even funnier when we re-read it in late October 2015. :wink:
Ghostbusters took me awhile, the noses and facial features are hard because you have to get them just right I was pretty happy with my results although there is a photo set up I wish I had of taken but I didn't think of it until after while watching Ghostbusters on AMC. I'll give you a clue "They go up".

Most of my patterns are scaled between 125% and 150% but Twisty and Carol were 175% and burnt walker and Teddy Fear where 200% those were some big kins. Ghostbusters were all 125% and Frozen and facehugger were regular size since I used stick and carve for them. There you know my secrets don't tell Nos he thinks I carve them all at 80%. Size does sometimes matter. :lol:

I think my carves look accurate and smooth due to upsizing, a through rinse, good tools, and a lot of patience. I made only one tiny error this year and I will never tell.

The Stands are made for pumpkins I have a skull, pirate, Frankenstein, devil, and mummy! one day I will get all 5 at once. That was one of the reasons why I was asking for a new frank this year :) . I had a chance to buy a werewolf one once and I didn't and now there discontinued or something.

Today my day started with just doing Micheal Myers and ended in this, getting an early start on my 5 or 6 for next year all done with stick and carve and reg size except micheal he is 125% using saral paper.