Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Last year was the first time I had ever carved a foam pumpkin, and instantly became hooked. This year I made sure to hit up Michael's during their 60% off sale and picked up several foam pumpkins of different sizes and colors. Being new to foam pumpkin carving, I had to go back and carve some of my favorite classic movie monsters:

You see, Jason was my son, and today is his birthday...

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. / Three, four, better lock your door. / Five, six, grab your crucifix. / Seven, eight, gonna stay up late. / Nine, ten, never sleep again.

I have to say that even though I love the movies, I wasn't sure how this pattern was going to carve. I used a large white Michael's pumpkin that had the ribs inside which made this one that much harder. Unfortunately the tip of the nose broke off. I was originally going to try and glue it back on, but after seeing the finished product I decided to leave it as is. I did blow the pattern up to 125% and when I was finished and had it lit, I loved the end result.

Death has come to your little town, sheriff.

All right, everyone get together for a group photo!

Last edited by Mayor of Haddonfield on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the kind words. The blue Michael in the background is one I carved on a white foamie last year. I just had it set up in the back of the room with a Howler in it. :thumbsup:
I finally got around to carving Karen Cooper. I've been a fan of this pattern for quite some time and have finally gotten her carved.

So we found some more time over the past week to carve both some foamies and real pumpkins.

My youngest daughter carved the pumpkin from Halloween on a Michael's medium size faomie. Her first ever foamie!

Next up we have two of my all time favorites, Gelatin Skeleton and Creature Reacher on Michaels small pumpkins.

Our first real pumpkins of the year were 3 minions carved on some tiny pumpkins that I grew myself. They were the perfect size for some minions.

I loved this pattern from last year and had to put it into foam.

My 12 year old proudly displaying her Sparky. Sadly the person in charge of shaving down the inside walls (me) did a terrible job and made them WAY too thin. I'm not sure Sparky is going to make it too long.

Sparky and his Minion friends.

And finally my oldest daughter decided to go with Napoleon, carved on another pumpkin we grew in the back yard. Actually all of the pumpkins we carved so far have been home grown.

Myers looks fine even with that little piece missing. Doesn't effect the design. Also, it's fitting that you used a Michael's pumpkin. :roll: Nice group shot, with the other Myers lurking in the background. :) And now you've added mother Voorhees to the mix too.

It's cool to see some older patterns getting carved. I usually focus on my latest designs, but the old patterns are still classics, especially if you've never carved them before. Napoleon, I haven't seen him in a while!

Sparky came out great. The benefit of carving a detailed design on a thin pumpkin is that it cuts so easily. But it also shrivels easier. All about finding that happy medium.

Great that you're using pumpkin you grew yourself too. Keep it up!