Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I'm just now having an opportunity to post the rest of our family's carves for 2014. We got a ton done the week of Halloween. Enjoy!

I had several small pumpkins that I grew that didn't fully mature, so instead of just wasting them I simply shrunk some patterns down and did what I could with them. This picture is really quite bad. The actual carve was much better.

This was without a doubt the carve I was most proud of. It was done on a 47 pound pumpkin and took 4 hours. Unfortunately while thinning the walls I got a little out of control and blew out the spot where Bill Murray's bottom lip was. Oh well, everyone still loved it. I shrunk them all down to 80% in order to fit better.

This was another crowd favorite that I've wanted to carve for quite some time. This was a huge 40 pound pumpkin and I blew the pattern up to 150%.

My youngest daughter did Sirius Black

She also did Grump Cat

My oldest daughter did Clark W. Griswold

Throwing out some props to my favorite Halloween site

Who ya gonna call?

My son's girlfriend carved this one

My son did the Grim Reaper

Another one by my oldest daughter

Loved this carve! Did this on another 40 pound pumpkin and it looked awesome!

A Halloween tradition. Did this on a large 45-50 pound pumpkin. Did the same thing last year and spray painted the inside black. This year I left it natural and liked it better. I got a ton of compliments on this one.

My sons carve of Alien, completed about an hour before the trick or treaters showed up

Here's my youngest daughter's final carve of the year, which she too only completed about an hour before trick or treat started.

Here's Rick blowing the bicycle girl's brains out. This is another one I'll probably carve each year. This was on a home grown pumpkin with the patterns shrunk down to 80%

Here's one final group shot showing all the regular and foamie's our family carved this year. I also did 4 windowkins as you can see in the background. While not quite as fun as carving a pumpkin, they were still fun to do, and the results were great.

All in all it was a great year. The kids really got into it and we got so much done. I made a list of 29 pumpkins that I wanted to carve, containing 35 patterns. I believe I ended up with 28 pumpkins carved with 32 patterns on them. It all became such a blur towards the end. It really helped buying my youngest daughter her own Zombie Pumpkins carving kit so I had a knife with the larger blade and 1 with the smaller blade with me at all times. Also, using Seral paper for the first time was a HUGE time saver.

Our house was the biggest hit in the neighborhood, and it wasn't even close. I took the kids out trick or treating and lit all the pumpkins before I left. It was still a little light out so I didn't get a good appreciation for how it looked. We made a stop at home after an hour and when we first saw our house it was amazing. We had so many people at our house looking at all the pumpkins, taking pictures of them, posing with them, simply loving them! After we got back an hour after that, there was still one guy and his young son going around to each and every pumpkin looking at them and taking pictures of each.

I can't wait for next year! :thumbsup:
Wow, amazing display. They look great love the big Kins with multiple patterns and blown up patterns the jack In particular looks great. I'll have to try those windowkins next year there brilliant. Great work all around I wish I could get more family and friends involved but it's really only something a certain type of person can do especially when doing big quantities. Great job all,around. I've never shrunk a pattern down to 80% I usually upsize them to between 125 and 200 so I can appreciate how difficult ghostbusters would be at 80% they took me an entire evening as well at 125.
Excellent display - nothing better than your kids being happy and neighbors stopping by to check out and appreciate the fun. Looks great!