Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I had 3 leftover pumpkins from a projection effect i used on Halloween and decided to put them to use for Thanksgiving. They were frozen when I first began to carve but they soon thawed and became mushy making it hard to carve clean lines. 2 made it through Thanksgiving with the indian being the casualty. :)

Awesome! That's a cornucopia of Thanksgiving designs, to be certain. Frozen pumpkins are very hard to carve, and previously frozen pumpkins that have thawed become instant mush. So it's impressive that you accomplished these 3 detailed designs. And the photos will last forever, even if the pumpkins didn't.

Did you get to show them off in person, and did you get some good reactions? People don't expect to see jack 'o lanterns on Thanksgiving. I have a pumpkin I'm trying to keep alive until Christmas, to really surprise my family and/or Santa.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Awesome! That's a cornucopia of Thanksgiving designs, to be certain. Frozen pumpkins are very hard to carve, and previously frozen pumpkins that have thawed become instant mush. So it's impressive that you accomplished these 3 detailed designs. And the photos will last forever, even if the pumpkins didn't.

Did you get to show them off in person, and did you get some good reactions? People don't expect to see jack 'o lanterns on Thanksgiving. I have a pumpkin I'm trying to keep alive until Christmas, to really surprise my family and/or Santa.

I texted the pics of the pumpkins to a lot of people and got a great reaction from all of them! Like you said, none of them had ever seen carved pumpkins for Thanksgiving. The Swedish chef went to my parents house for the holiday and they loved it. They lit it up and used it for a centerpiece in their entryway they told me. The turkey went with me to my in laws and was a big hit there as well.
WOW! Great job! I put out the Indian and turkey for Thanksgiving, but I didn't realize how nice the Swedish Chef would look until I saw yours. I'll have to make him next year and have him join his bros. Thanks for sharing.